PDA

View Full Version : Martial school vampire

BBEG
2013-04-17, 07:54 AM
Right, So I have a question on what martial school to specialize in for my vampire that I have.

Currently out of them are Diamond Mind, Tiger Claw or Stone Dragon.
In the end he will have the master vampire template added on.

Levels included are SwordSage 2, Warblade 2. Monk 2, Battle dancer 1, (I have the kung fu genius feat. So I get Cha, Wis, and Int to AC. Yes he is a fallen monk. But I am going to be around level 14 or so when I pick up SwordSage followed by Warblade. So out of those schools what would be the best to specialize in?

Next Level 1 Warblade gets 3 maneuvers readied while SwordSage at level one gets 6. So if I was a level 1 Warblade and level 1 SwordSage would I be able to ready 9 Maneuvers or would I only be able to ready the highest of the two?

Thank you for your time everyone.

Phelix-Mu
2013-04-17, 12:32 PM
Right, So I have a question on what martial school to specialize in for my vampire that I have.

Currently out of them are Diamond Mind, Tiger Claw or Stone Dragon.
In the end he will have the master vampire template added on.

Levels included are SwordSage 2, Warblade 2. Monk 2, Battle dancer 1, (I have the kung fu genius feat. So I get Cha, Wis, and Int to AC. Yes he is a fallen monk. But I am going to be around level 14 or so when I pick up SwordSage followed by Warblade. So out of those schools what would be the best to specialize in?

Next Level 1 Warblade gets 3 maneuvers readied while SwordSage at level one gets 6. So if I was a level 1 Warblade and level 1 SwordSage would I be able to ready 9 Maneuvers or would I only be able to ready the highest of the two?

Thank you for your time everyone.

Stone Dragon has a few good things (Mountain Hammer line), but is generally pretty weak. In particular, it emphasizes stuff where you don't move a lot, which is not in keeping with typical monk/battle dancer MO.

Diamond Mind is very good. Not failing saves is very nice, even if you are undead, and some of the standard action damage dealing is ideal if you are going to be moving around a lot.

Tiger Claw is best for Two-Weapon Fighting, and it seems to me that it is sub-optimal for a monk-type unarmed fighter to be doing this. I'm not sure if the vampire's slam attack could count for a second weapon, but the consensus seems to be that you need two weapons to TWF, but monks usually just have the unarmed strike. Some of the Jump related Tiger Claw stuff is quite good, and might be worth looking into (Sudden Leap, etc).

You've sunk a whole crazy ton of resources into a crazy high AC. Not sure this was a wise choice. I would also point out that I have been told that maneuvers known from one martial adept class can't count for qualifying for maneuvers for another class. This situation is murky to me, but what it means is that multiclassing among martial adept classes ultimately reduces your access to high level maneuvers.

BBEG
2013-04-17, 01:54 PM
I was told that maneuvers can only be learned once and that they can qualify for each other. Once learned they don't need to be learned again. At least that is what I read from the Sage.

Anyhow thanks for the help. It looks like Diamond mind and a little bit of white raven.

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19525942/Tome_of_Battle_Q38;A
Q: And finally, let's say someone is a multiclass swordsage/warblade. Can a maneuver from Diamond Mind picked from their swordsage maneuvers forfill the prerequisites for a maneuver from Diamond Mind picked by their warblade maneuvers? From what I seen, this looks like how it works, but I figured I'd ask just to be sure.
A: Yes Maneuvers taken from one Adept class can fulfill prerequisites for maneuvers taken in another Adept Class. If you have a diamond mind maneuver as a sword sage maneuver, and you gain a maneuver as a warblade, you could Choose Emerald Razor as your Sword Sage Diamond Mind maneuver would fulfill the Pre-requisite.

Q: If you are a multiclass martial adept (from Tome of Battle), a swordsage/warblade for example, do you have to keep your maneuvers known and maneuvers readied separate for each class?
A: If a character has multiple martial adept base classes, the maneuvers known and readied from each class are kept separate. Knowing a maneuver for one class does not mean you can ready it for the other, or vice versa.