PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite GMless games

Totally Guy
2013-04-17, 10:32 AM
I had a really good game of Fiasco last week. Except for a robot we all played scientists and before you knew it we had crazy plots all tripping over each other. I was trying to assist the other scientists but was generally incompetent. The robot tried to take over the facility and the experimetal reactor melted down! The other scientists died. I ended up in dead end job as a test subject in another lab and the AI ended up stuck in my roomba. I enjoyed this game much more than the previous time I'd played it.

I'm really looking forward to a game of Project Ninja Panda Taco this weekend in a Google hangout! It's about supervillians competing for the loyalty of a group of minions. We played this at one of the GITP meetups and it went really well. Although nobody actually took over the world, one of the minions became a full on supervillain. It captured the spirit of Despicable Me.

I want to try a structured freeform called Witch: Road to Lindisfarne but I've not had a chance to introduce that to the group yet.

I think I like Forsooth, but I've not had a chance to play. I would have signed up for it at a con but I was running a game at the same time.

Xefas
2013-04-18, 02:09 AM
I really want to play Pilgrims of the Flying Temple, but flavor-hacked for something like Kingdom Hearts. The Flying Temple is Pre-2000s Animated Disney Multiverse, and the other worlds are all other cartoons, with their stories being derailed by some outside menace. Hijinks ensue.

Unfortunately, it's such a simple, quick, silly game that I feel like it's more something that you whip out when you accidentally have some people together, rather than something you go to the time and effort of coordinating a bunch of people together explicitly for.

Fortunately, all you need to play is some kind of opaque bag, and several small objects in two colors. I imagine going to IHOP, and throwing some of the pink and yellow fake sugar packets into a paper bag and telling a tale about Scrooge, Simba, and Mulan saving the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends from a legion of shapeless horrors that have imprisoned everyone's imaginations in a giant skyscraper slash doom palace, at the behest of a Heartless Doctor Robotnik, much to the consternation of the wait staff.

But, alas, I don't think it's ever to be.

Totally Guy
2013-04-18, 10:27 AM
When I first heard of Do was also when I first heard the explanation of what Kickstarter was.

But I hadn't discovered GMless games at that point. I've seen it at conventions but it's not high on my list.