PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Weretiger Rogue

JadePhoenix
2013-04-17, 04:06 PM
Hello, gang. Haven't been around in a while.
I'm thinking about throwing a weretiger Rogue against my party. Now, from my understanding ponce + the Scout archetype means that charges get full-attacks plus sneak attack. However, the wording of the higher level ability confuses me. Is the first level ability supposed to work only on the first attack as well?

magwaaf
2013-04-17, 05:28 PM
im currently playing a knifemaster scout rogue and it's awesome

the second scout ability is literally what it says move 10 feet and you can sneak attack. so you bend the rules to work for you (not cheating) and do an acro check THROUGH the enemy's square to the one directly across so you now have moved 10 feet and are eligible for a full attack with sneak attack and if you arent a crap rogue you are dual wielding for all the damage and make it a knifemaster so it's d8's not d6's

Urpriest
2013-04-17, 05:56 PM
im currently playing a knifemaster scout rogue and it's awesome

the second scout ability is literally what it says move 10 feet and you can sneak attack. so you bend the rules to work for you (not cheating) and do an acro check THROUGH the enemy's square to the one directly across so you now have moved 10 feet and are eligible for a full attack with sneak attack and if you arent a crap rogue you are dual wielding for all the damage and make it a knifemaster so it's d8's not d6's

How are you getting a full attack after making an Acrobatics check to move 10 feet?

mangosta71
2013-04-17, 09:36 PM
For an NPC it may not make such a difference, but I prefer leopard as the lycanthropic chassis for my rogues (mostly because it has higher DEX and fewer RHD so I get more class levels).

To answer your question, I believe in 3.x you can apply SA to any and all attacks as long as you're flanking or your target is flat-footed etc.

JadePhoenix
2013-04-18, 04:47 AM
Racial Hit Dice doesn't really affect Pathfinder lycanthropes.
I know the standard ruling, I'm just slightly confused by the wording. The way it reads, the ability gained at 1st level allows for full-attack sneak attack if you have pounce... while the 8th level ability explicitly does not. So the 1st level ability is basically better.