PDA

View Full Version : Tome of Battle - Standard Action Attack Maneuvers?

Gwazi Magnum
2013-04-17, 04:22 PM
There's one rule with the Maneuvers I find confusing.

For the strike ones where they say it takes up a standard action, what happens if I make a full attack?

Can I use that maneuver for each of the attacks or is that not how it would work?

chaos_redefined
2013-04-17, 04:25 PM
No. You can make it as a standard action.

tyckspoon
2013-04-17, 04:26 PM
That's not how it works. When it says it takes a Standard Action, that is a distinct action of its own, not an attack action (although most maneuvers do include an attack.) It's the same way actions like casting a spell or using an item work- although such actions might involve attacking something and are usually Standard actions, they are not Attack Actions. Only attack actions (or things that are equivalent to them, like Disarm/Trip/Sunder attempts) may be used in a Full Attack or as an Attack of Opportunity. (Although certain maneuvers may use a Full Round action instead- those will usually allow you to make a full attack as part of the maneuver.)

Darth_Versity
2013-04-17, 04:27 PM
No, they're a standard action to use so you only get that attack during the round. You can't make a full attack with standard action maneuvers.

Gwazi Magnum
2013-04-17, 04:29 PM
Alright, that clarifies a lot. Thanks.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-17, 05:18 PM
It's part of the balancing feature of ToB.

Like Emerald Razor, for instance. A 6th level Warblade can choose to either make an attack versus touch AC, or two attacks versus regular AC (not using the maneuver).