PDA

View Full Version : The Whispering way- Is it worth it? (Pathfinder)

betts30
2013-04-17, 06:47 PM
Hey there, just wondering what anyone and everyone thinks about the whispering way archetype and whether it is worth taking or not. More specifically on a Fetchling black-blooded oracle with the juju mystery. I understand that the agent of the grave archetype is VERY good for 'minion masters' however, upon reaching level 10 with my oracle, the juju mystery gives me create undead as a 5th level spell with the limitation that i can only create juju zombies. I have two main queries about this character:
1) Will the +1 to caster level from Agent of the grave enable my oracle to gain the relevant bonus spells from the juju mystery AS WELL AS gaining extra spells per day and extra spells? I ask this because the following quote says 'spells known' and strictly speaking, upon reaching 10th level, the mystery would give me another 'spell known'
He does not, however, gain other benefits a character of that class would have gained, except for additional spells per day, spells known (if he is a spontaneous spellcaster), and an increased effective level of spellcasting.
2) I have a massive fear of the DM just using Banishment upon me (being a fetchling and all) Does the spell permanently ban me from the material plane? or can i return the next round if i have the means necessary?

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread and helping! Happy Adventuring!

Bhaakon
2013-04-17, 08:08 PM
1) I'd rule that the prestige class doesn't advance your oracle mystery, so wouldn't get your mystery spells any more than it grants you new revelations for levels in other classes (unless otherwise noted). There's also the question of whether you continue to get your Cure/Inflict Wounds spells (I'm inclined to say yes, since it's a class feature granted at level 1 as part of Oracle casting instead of at a series of bonus spells granted at listed levels). I don't think there's an explicit RAW answer or official FAQ covering this, though.

2) Dismissal/Banishment only affects extraplanar creatures (creatures traveling on a plane that isn't their home plane), not outsiders. Fetchlings are native outsiders, but aren't extraplanar since the Prime Material is their home plane.

betts30
2013-04-18, 06:13 AM
Oh well, i think i might dip into agent of the grave purely for the CHA to hp and then finish the archetype after I've unlocked juju zombies :)
Also, I'm so relieved to hear that fetchlings can't be banished!
Thankyou for the speedy reply