PDA

View Full Version : I need higher bluff

ThatGuyOvaThere
2013-04-17, 08:47 PM
So, I'm making a monk, (if your one of those people who doesn't see the benefit of a monk go post on someone else's thread instead of dissing my like of monks)
,and for one of my feats ,Monkey Taunts The Emperor, a need to be able to bluff any suggestions on what I can do to up my bluff?

Kazyan
2013-04-17, 08:56 PM
Use the Passive Way monk variant for a +2.

If you're planning to blow feats for it, skip skill focus for Shape Soulmeld (Lamia Belt) or one of the other +4-to-bluff melds. It's an extra +1. Assumes Magic of Incarnum is in use and you have CON 13+.

Tvtyrant
2013-04-17, 09:02 PM
Get a couple potions of Divine Insight with maxed CL. +15 insight bonus at CL 15, which is better than getting to roll a D20 twice.

Speaking of which, if you dip Cleric 1 you can use the Luck domain to do just that, which boosts your skill check even further.

Edit: Potions of Glibness get you +30 to Bluff checks and stacks, so together you would get a +45. That gets you a 50 on a roll of 5, which basically passes anything.

The answer to everything in D&D is magic.

sambouchah
2013-04-17, 09:06 PM
Band of Bluff +2. Skill bonus ring for something like 80gp I think

Acanous
2013-04-17, 09:08 PM
There's also Luck feats, which allow rerolls. That'll help somewhat for the occasions when you botch the roll.