PDA

View Full Version : Acid Tr... err, I mean, The Fountain

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-11-22, 02:41 AM
You know how utterly strange the previews for this thing looks? Well, the reality matches and possibly exceeds that.

Thirty minutes into it I look at my sister and say, "Are you sure they didn't slip anything into the popcorn?"

It was that odd. You finally begin understanding how things fit together but even at the very end your going 'uhhhhhhh... ok...' and then spend the drive home working it all out in your head.

It was fascinating, and it had absolutely fantastic acting, but I'm not certain whether to say it was inspired or a load of crap with glitter on top. I'm suspecting a bit of both.

Those of you will understand me however when I say, 'PSIONS RULE!'

ghost_warlock
2006-11-22, 10:06 AM
I hate glitter. It's too messy for me. :smalltongue:

Mr Croup
2006-11-22, 10:42 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but it's a Darren Aronofsky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Aronofsky) film, so I can't say I'm too surprised it's a bit strange. I'm looking forward to seeing it though. A friend of mine saw it at an advanced screening a little while back, and enjoyed it, but said that the trailers really don't portray the type of film it is. But that's nothing new, since most art films are pushed in marketing as something else. Still, I'm looking forward to it and the inevitable drive home afterwards spent going, "huh."

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-12-04, 08:55 PM
So, you seen it yet Mr. Croup? :smallwink:

McDeath
2006-12-04, 10:49 PM
What are you talking about?

Yeah, still not over Ctrl+I italics yet.

Ian.of.Donald
2006-12-05, 01:22 AM
Tribble, I spent ten minutes after the end crawl kenning out all the symbolism, imagery and plot hooks. Meanwhile one of the cinema employees was cleaning up after the only other person that watched the movie, long since left (about an hour in, I think).

All in all, I'm going for inspired.

Altair_the_Vexed
2006-12-05, 09:14 AM
I think - based only on his other work, having not seen any media for this film - this is a MUST SEE for me.

Mr Croup
2006-12-05, 11:02 AM
So, you seen it yet Mr. Croup? :smallwink:

Sadly, not yet. Between the holidays and being too sick to think for the entirety of the last week, a trip to the movies wasn't in the cards. Hopefully I'll catch it this weekend though.

nifty>>virago<<
2006-12-11, 08:16 PM
hmmm i do want to see it but alas time is of the essence

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-12-14, 03:23 PM
ya I heard this movie was pretty wierd. Whenever your married to a tree that's wierd...

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-12-14, 03:26 PM
ya I heard this movie was pretty wierd. Whenever your married to a tree that's wierd...
He's not married to a tree... gah.

Don Beegles
2006-12-14, 05:09 PM

Like you should be the one to be talking. I've heard you bump uglies with trees all the time.

:miko:"The proper term is 'Smite Evil', not 'Bump Uglies'."

Amotis
2006-12-15, 12:47 AM
Mogwai, one of my favorite bands, plays for the movie.

*dances*

BlueWizard
2006-12-15, 12:48 AM
Some Hindu-mythology references I saw.