PDA

View Full Version : Haley and Elan minatures are up for Pre-order at Morland Studios!

NerdyKris
2013-04-18, 10:22 AM
They can be found here! (http://morlandstudios.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=39)

Check out the pre-painted page for a shot of Elan's lute.

Shale
2013-04-18, 10:25 AM
Elan's grin is kind of horrifying.

Bedinsis
2013-04-18, 10:46 AM
Elan's grin is kind of horrifying.

:smalleek: Indeed!

Deepbluediver
2013-04-18, 10:55 AM
Don't they come with interchangable eyes/mouth or something like that? Or was it just Belkar? Does it make the situation any better?

F.Harr
2013-04-18, 11:49 AM
Woo-HOO!

Yay!

Um, am I up to ten characters, yet?

NerdyKris
2013-04-18, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I'm going to try filling in the mouth so it looks like the regular side view grins they have. His grin looks ridiculous when he's facing the camera in comic as well.

Also, Deepbluediver, they only have the different eyebrows for Belkar. The mouth is part of the resin head. But for some reason, the customizable expression that's listed for Belkar and Roy isn't there on Elan and Haley.

Oh, also, that limited edition Gencon figure will be available online as well, according to the newsletter.

The Giant
2013-04-18, 03:56 PM
The grin does not look right from straight on, I agree. I'll try to take some photos of my samples later, it looks much better from a slight angle. One of the problems of translating 2D to 3D, I guess.

But for some reason, the customizable expression that's listed for Belkar and Roy isn't there on Elan and Haley.

They have customizable accessories instead. Elan comes with both lute and rapier, and Haley has two bows—one with the arrow attached for a firing pose, and one plain bow for either holding or putting on her back. We nixed the extra eyebrows because I wanted both characters smiling, and it makes them look too eeeeeevil to have angry eyebrows with a smile. However, there's no reason you couldn't MacGyver one of the spare eyebrows from Roy onto one of them, if you really wanted.

Hardcore
2013-04-18, 04:19 PM
I guess Elan with *flashing* teeth would be better:)

also, his haircut is awful. Should be assymetrical imo.

Haley is ok, perhaps need more ponytail, but maybe it is the angle.

Not sure the pose is the best. I think a more relaxed pose would be better.

She is not quite yet Haley'ish.

Anyway will definitely start order the minis this month. Is the shipping still free? Does it apply to outside the US too?

Look forward to have a bunch. Nah, what I am saying. I want the whole damn set of OotS characters!

NerdyKris
2013-05-04, 11:58 AM
There's a picture of Elan from the side with a full painted mouth in the painting guide on the site.

But also, here's mine with the comic style half circle mouth, although it's a bit off, it does look really nice from every angle. (sorry about the blurry pic, too lazy to take a nicer one.)

http://i.imgur.com/koJ7kpb.jpg

Chronos
2013-05-05, 08:11 PM
The pictured Haley's hair color seems a bit off, somehow, though I suppose that's not really relevant given that they ship unpainted.

NerdyKris
2013-05-06, 01:01 PM
It's the lighting. Look in the paint guides for a better idea of what the colors look like. Or look up the colors they list on a store website like Miniature Market.

I finished mine. Elan's mouth is fixed, and looks great from the front and his left, but not the right, for obvious reasons. And Haley's hair isn't the color in the paint guide, I just used an orange paint I already had. Also, she needs a bit of touching up.

http://i.imgur.com/JhaYKv7.jpg