PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Twin Hand Crossbow Inquisitor build

SirVire
2013-04-18, 12:02 PM
Hey everybody. I'm new to pathfinder (though i am well acquainted with DnD 3.5 and 4.0) and need some help with my first build. Now, next to paladins and other knightly archetypes, Inquisitors are one of my all time favorites. For this particular build, i was inspired by the Demon Hunter from Diablo 3 (which meshes well conceptually IMO), so i am looking at several ways of recreating with Inquisitor class. I am also focusing heavily on crossbows (namely Hand and repeating Hand) since im tired seeing Bow wielding archers all the time.

The problem I'm having lies with the execution.

I figured put several ways are making my hand crossbows reload themselves, so that's not the issue. The issue is that is balancing out what feats i want, what feats i need, and what dip i should make.

Basically, I'm looking at the following:

Needed feats:
-Two Weapon Fighting
-Improved TWF
-Greater TWF
-Deadly Aim
-Double Bane
-Precise Shot

Wanted Feats:
-Snap shot
--Improved Snap shot
--Combat reflexes
-Sword and Gun (only as a backup if i need to switch to melee)
--Power attack (again, as a fall back plan)
-Quick Draw
-Crossbow Mastery

Utility Feats:
-Intimidating Gaze,
-Iron Will
-Improved Iron Will

And for Dips, im looking at 6 levels of either Fighter or Ranger
Ranger gives me:
-two feats i need without the prereqs for it
-Track and Favored Enemy (which can be used on Evil outsiders and are very good for theme)
-Better Reflex save
-1-2 spells (there are a couple lvl 1 ranger spells that can be quite useful for crossbows)
-Improved BAB
-Endurance
-Access to the useful Slayer's Knack (but requires another feat)
-Wild Empathy (not really useful)
-Hunter's Bond (dont know if it will stack with Inquisitor Domain: Animal and its bonus companion for that)
-Favored Terrain (debatable usefulness)
-Take a hit to Will

Fighter gives me:
-Improved BAB
-4 Bonus feats (need to meet prereqs.)
-Armor training (which helps with higher dex) or Defensive Flurry (increases defense with full attack)
-Weapon Training 1 (increase damage with weapon category) or Twin blades (more damage with full attacks)
-Bravery (not bad, but not great either) or Agility (helps keep me mobile which is nice)

So, any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you guys and gals need more info.