PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Lvl 17 Barbarian build critique

ranger557
2013-04-18, 01:29 PM
Hi all, I will be starting a 17th level adventure starting soon to test epic power levels in pathfinder! lol :smallbiggrin:. So I was thinking of going the AM Barbarian build with the magic killing rage powers and the "come and get me" route. What do you guys think of this build? I was thinking is Urban barbarian archetype a good thing to mix in this build? or is the original rage better to keep with? Thanks for any input :smallsmile:. Its kind of daunting lol

Human Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) Level 17
HP: 209 AC: 35

Magic belt boosting already for str, con, dex (+4)
str: 26
dex: 18
con: 20
int: 10
wis: 10
cha: 10

1st Power attack
3rd raging vitality
5th Iron will
7th extra rage power (witch hunter)
9th Bloster resilience or combat reflexes
11th extra rage power( eater of magic)
13th dazing assualt
15th raging brutality
17th ???????

rage powers:
2nd superstition
4th lesser beast totem
6th beast totem
8th spell Sunder
10th greater beast totem
12th come and get me
14th strength surge
16th reckless abandon
18th Ghost rager

Xerxus
2013-04-18, 03:17 PM
Some things that are worth to look at: The Stalwart and Improved Stalwart feats. The Renewed Vigor tree of rage powers. Permanent fly cast on you so as to avoid a Time Stop -> Reverse Gravity -> Gate combo.

Blyte
2013-04-18, 09:28 PM
1 combat reflexes needs a sure roster spot (no CaGM build should be without it)
2 raging vitality --> take optimistic gambler trait(you will retain rage bonuses 1d4 rounds after going unconscious) and take "heart of the wilderness" alternate human trait since you can rage cycle without heart of the fields. these two traits will keep you alive as well as this feat.
3 iron will --> human(alternate favored class superstition bonus) + greater rage bonus = enough
4 dazing assault vs. pushing assault, DC 27 fort saves of dazing assault aren't too hard for CR18+s that will be meleeing you to make. just something to think about. you can push them out of range to attack you with the latter.

now, with the trimming of the fat, you can pick up: raging death blow(to feed your raging brutality), improved critical falchion(a lot of people say "just get keen" but I say just get an additional +1 enhancement to hit more and pierce more DR), and flesh wound (it's like having a 2nd bolster resilience), and unexpected strike(when you hit them with pushing assault with CaGM, you can then hit them again, because they moved away, and push them even further away)

in addition to permanent fly that was already suggested, I recommend permanent enlarge person, and something that will give you a swim speed, so you can charge/pounce in water, I like the cloak of the manta ray. water seems to always have a niche somewhere in a AP.

one more bit of advice, you are very survivable with this build, BUT still try and convince a healer to keep shield other up on you, as having to roll will saves against party heals can be HARSH.

ranger557
2013-04-19, 02:23 PM
Some things that are worth to look at: The Stalwart and Improved Stalwart feats. The Renewed Vigor tree of rage powers. Permanent fly cast on you so as to avoid a Time Stop -> Reverse Gravity -> Gate combo.

Hmmm ok but Stalwart and Improved stalwart need int 13 and combat expertise....so is that worth it because the max I can get from them is double my DR...to 20...which I could get from Flesh Wound the rage power.

1 combat reflexes needs a sure roster spot (no CaGM build should be without it)
2 raging vitality --> take optimistic gambler trait(you will retain rage bonuses 1d4 rounds after going unconscious) and take "heart of the wilderness" alternate human trait since you can rage cycle without heart of the fields. these two traits will keep you alive as well as this feat.
3 iron will --> human(alternate favored class superstition bonus) + greater rage bonus = enough
4 dazing assault vs. pushing assault, DC 27 fort saves of dazing assault aren't too hard for CR18+s that will be meleeing you to make. just something to think about. you can push them out of range to attack you with the latter.

now, with the trimming of the fat, you can pick up: raging death blow(to feed your raging brutality), improved critical falchion(a lot of people say "just get keen" but I say just get an additional +1 enhancement to hit more and pierce more DR), and flesh wound (it's like having a 2nd bolster resilience), and unexpected strike(when you hit them with pushing assault with CaGM, you can then hit them again, because they moved away, and push them even further away)

in addition to permanent fly that was already suggested, I recommend permanent enlarge person, and something that will give you a swim speed, so you can charge/pounce in water, I like the cloak of the manta ray. water seems to always have a niche somewhere in a AP.

one more bit of advice, you are very survivable with this build, BUT still try and convince a healer to keep shield other up on you, as having to roll will saves against party heals can be HARSH.

Combat Reflexes I have check!

Raging Vitality seems pretty good to have even though your suggestion seems very good :smallsmile:. I just like skill points lol.....

Is Dazing Assault better than Stunning assault?? which one is most likely going to be immune in a creature? Also isn't Pushing Assault worse? because the character has to be the CMD.....and CMD is usually higher than saving throws to beat?

Blyte
2013-04-19, 04:45 PM
Hmmm ok but Stalwart and Improved stalwart need int 13 and combat expertise....so is that worth it because the max I can get from them is double my DR...to 20...which I could get from Flesh Wound the rage power.

Combat Reflexes I have check!

Raging Vitality seems pretty good to have even though your suggestion seems very good :smallsmile:. I just like skill points lol.....

Is Dazing Assault better than Stunning assault?? which one is most likely going to be immune in a creature? Also isn't Pushing Assault worse? because the character has to be the CMD.....and CMD is usually higher than saving throws to beat?

dazing assault is great for locking down a caster monster with weak fort saves but a monster that will be meleeing you will likely not have weak fort saves, and it might just be better to pounce/full attack the caster and drop them fast, rather than attacking with dazing assault round after round.

if you use pushing strikes on a creature that is trying to melee you from CaGM, you will push them out of melee range, unless they have a greater reach than you and have bothered to move further into reach than necessary. there is no CDM check, you forgo dealing power attack damage and you push them 5' (10' on a crit). you can then choose to attack and push them further with unexpected strike, since they are moving in your threat. so you can get 2 attacks in and push them 10-20', theoretically.