PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 gestalt monk/warlock

sideswipe
2013-04-18, 02:26 PM
this is a possible build i have had as an idea. the idea is that you can get the equivalent to flurry of eldrich blast.

the concept comes from a mix of the monks flurry of blows ability and the warlocks eldrich blast and using the hideous blow shape allowing the warlock to use a standard action to make an attack which transfers his eldrich blast.

i know this is a long shot but i was wondering if it was possible through feats of any type to make it possible that you get an extra 10D6 damage (an eldrich blast) on each hit with the flurry of blows.

is it possible?

meemaas
2013-04-18, 02:50 PM
The Eldritch Claws (Dragon #358) feat and the Beast Strike (Dragon #355) Feat. Voila, now you can deal Eldritch strike damage on top of every unarmed strike you make. Thus, flurry of unarmed strikes.

Note: Slightly, only slightly, vague by RAW, but monks are underwhelming anyways, so the help....helps. Don't worry about the disclaimer on Claws, you get around it with the beast strike feat. You still aren't gonna outdamage an ubercharger though. You'll be a little above a TWF rogue.

sideswipe
2013-04-18, 03:06 PM
i see why you need both as on its own in the eldrich claws feat it specifies that it may not be used in a monks flurry of blows. the beast strike overcomes it then?

Taveena
2013-04-18, 03:14 PM
Beast Strike adds the Claw damage to unarmed blows. So, yes, it will add it to every flurry attack - and arguably Snap Kick, too.

Also by RAW you'll do double unarmed damage on each strike with that.

sideswipe
2013-04-18, 03:32 PM
would it also be possible to take two weapon fighting to increase my attacks i made? so i would make 3 + flurry + offhand attacks + snap kick? and if i am a race with natural attacks (eg slam, rake, the like...) would it count on those?

Snowbluff
2013-04-18, 03:34 PM
Beast Strike. :smalltongue:

Also, take Precocious Apprentice so you can take Ascetic Mage.

Deadline
2013-04-18, 03:36 PM
would it also be possible to take two weapon fighting to increase my attacks i made? so i would make 3 + flurry + offhand attacks + snap kick? and if i am a race with natural attacks (eg slam, rake, the like...) would it count on those?

As far as I know, a character only has one unarmed strike "weapon", so you can't use two-weapon fighting with just unarmed strikes. And there is some contention on whether or not you can use your natural weapons at the same time you flurry, though I don't side with that argument.

Also, you can't use the Hideous Blow invocation in the way you were suggesting.

sideswipe
2013-04-18, 03:43 PM
yes i see now that hidious blow cannot be used but this build can. so two weapon fighting wont work. could i use maximise spell like ability or something very similar to do maximum damage on my eldrich blast?