PDA

View Full Version : How to create auron from final fantasy x in D&D 3.5.

n4d3sniper
2013-04-18, 03:12 PM
Hello everyone I am trying to create auron from final fantasy x in a D&D 3.5 game and have no clue on what he should be and what items and so on he should have so if you could help me that would be great.

KillingAScarab
2013-04-18, 03:20 PM
How much of the sphere grid are you planning on emulating? If I remember correctly, with enough spheres, anyone could pretty much learn everyone else's shtick.

Otherwise, it's just a guy with a two-handed sword and a big jug of rum, right?

Chaosvii7
2013-04-18, 03:22 PM
I think any of the Martial Adepts from Tome of Battle will suit the core of his build. Either Swordsage or Warblade, depending on your tastes. Swordsage fits his flavoring more, but I would settle for Warblade.

His primary source of defense should come from Bracers of Armor, and his primary weapon would probably be a Bastard Sword. He holds his sword interchangably between one- and two-handed styles, which the Bastard Sword supports best.

His jug of spirits has a multitude of applications in relation to his attacks. You may want to look into getting a custom magic item made at later levels.

Studoku
2013-04-18, 03:22 PM
Do you need to emulate the fact that
he's dead?

That'd probably be the most difficult bit.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-04-18, 03:39 PM
Pfft. That's a piece of piss. All you need is a refluffed Necropoliton and you're good to go.

The Jug could just be a pure fluff item that allows him to use Desert Wind moves. I'm thinking a high-ish level Warblade (Iron Heart focus?) with a Swordsage dip for some Desert Wind maneuvers and you're good to go.

n4d3sniper
2013-04-18, 04:15 PM
Do you need to emulate the fact that
he's dead?

That'd probably be the most difficult bit.

Yes I would like to include the fact that he is dead I think it would be a nice but I want it to be something that doesn't show that he is dead right away.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-04-18, 04:53 PM
Like I said a refluffed Necropoliton will do the job. You don't need to look undead to be undead. Just stay out of the range of a Detect Undead, Lifesight, etc and you're good to go.

Necropoliton is in Libris Mortis or Heroes of Horror. I forget which.

Jack Zander
2013-04-18, 05:03 PM
Wow guys, this game is what? 10 years old? I don't think you need to include all those spoilers.

RunicLGB
2013-04-18, 08:56 PM
Spoiler hiding is just polite anyway other option for emulating that aspect is being a
Deathless From Ebberon Campaign setting

I think it much better fits Auron's whole schtick. As other were saying Martial adepts are the best way to go for matching his fighting style. While Swordsage gets the fluff right Warblade seems better matched on the style side.

One thing not to overlook was that Auron was the party tank, so he should have good defenses and abilities to draw attacks to him.

Azoth
2013-04-18, 09:17 PM
An easy way to do his sword on the cheap (depending on your starting level) is the unawakened form of the Sun Blade. It is 3k in the Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. It specs are just being a +1 bastard sword that can be weilded/treated as a bastard sword or short sword. It can also be weilded by anyone proficient with either. Another bonus is that it is still up to being enchanted like any other normal weapon.