PDA

View Full Version : Yo dawg, I heard you like Psycristals

Renen
2013-04-18, 04:11 PM
Can a psicrystal get a psicrystal?
Seeing as only pre-requisite is ML 1?

Zanfire
2013-04-18, 04:14 PM
ive seen the argument before that they can by taking obtain psicrystal as they get feats based on HD as they are constructs

Urpriest
2013-04-18, 04:19 PM
ive seen the argument before that they can by taking obtain psicrystal as they get feats based on HD as they are constructs

They also need an ML. That's harder, since Hidden Talent doesn't actually give you a real ML. In Epic you can do it with Psicrystal Power, but it's much more dubious pre-epic.

Gazzien
2013-04-18, 04:30 PM
They also need an ML. That's harder, since Hidden Talent doesn't actually give you a real ML. In Epic you can do it with Psicrystal Power, but it's much more dubious pre-epic.
Just make sure it has 6 HD (Some kind of advanced-psicrystal feat, I think Split Personality, makes you count as a higher level for your psicrystal, and its HD stack with yours)

Then have it take Leadership. Of course, its cohort is a Psion, and all of the followers are Psionic. -nods-

EDIT: The feat is Improved Psicrystal, and yes, it stacks.

Edit 2:
As low as a third-level Human Psion can pull this off. (Substitute whatever feat shenanigans you like)
Level 1 Feat: Psicrystal Affinity (Whatever Personality) - Psicrystal HD, 1
Psion 1 Feat: Improved Psicrystal (whatever personality) - PHD, 2
Human Feat: Improved Psicrystal (whatever) - PHD, 3
Level to 3: PHD, 5
Level 3 Feat: Improved Psicrystal (whatever) - PHD, 6

Psicrystal takes leadership; as long as its cohort is a third (or higher) level Human Psion, bam. The cycle repeats.

Edit 3:
I think it actually works at Level 1, but it requires (getting three feats from any combination of:) flaws, taint, and pledging yourself to an Elder Evil. Each one is worth two feats (usually), so... Getting two faets replaces the level 2 and level 3 HD bumps. Getting a third gives you the last Improved Psicrystal.

Hell, you could do this at level 1 with the DCFS if you broke all the Elven weapon proficiencies up, as is common in some TO exercises...