PDA

View Full Version : I need Mediocre/Bad PrCs

Lord Ruby34
2013-04-18, 05:49 PM
I've recently started preparing to DM a new campaign, a ToB flavored one. I've required my players to play a ToB class, and allowed them to gestalt with the classes on the following list. (And Multiclass freely among them)

Fighter, Monk, CA Ninja, Healer, Swashbuckler, Rokugan Ninja, Soulknife, Expert, OA Samurai, Paladin, Knight, Warmage

The Warmage is simply so that an arcane caster option actually exists, and it synergizes badly enough with ToB that I feel like it's about on the power level of the other ten. I've also made ACFs a case by case basis, Dungeon Crasher, for example, is above the power level I'm looking for on this side of the gestalt.

As you can tell, these classes are all fairly awful, and are mostly for flavor/fixing BaB/relatively minor benefits. I'd like to offer them some crappy Prestige classes to go with their crappy classes, but I'm not terribly familiar with what Prestige classes are good, or in this case, bad. I was hoping that the playground would have some ideas. Any additional bad base classes would also amuse me.

eggynack
2013-04-18, 06:23 PM
I don't have much specific stuff offhand, but have the tier system for PrC's (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5198.0). Just check out the classes between -1 and -2 for the classes that are detrimental, and the +0's for classes without effect.

Gnome Alone
2013-04-18, 06:36 PM
I'd like to offer them some crappy Prestige classes to go with their crappy classes

Quote of the Day.

Man, I'd be all over this, it sounds fun. Personally I'd roll a Warblade//Swashbuckler and go to town with INT.

Lhurgyof
2013-04-18, 06:54 PM
Survivor, Risen Martyr, shintao monk, and others. I'm sure people will populate this thread with cruddy prcs.

Vaz
2013-04-18, 07:00 PM
Invisible Fist Monk 2/Ninja 2/Fighter 2/OA Samurai 2/Knight 3/Ninja +9 with Enduring Ki and Extra Ki or something. Spend around 30 rounds a day under the Invisible Status (not spell; so you can attack etc). On a Swordsage Chassis.

Kung Fu Genius Monk 2/Swashbuckler X; Int to AC and Damage, Blur Int Bonus/day on a Warblade Chassis

Knockback Dungeoncrasher Fighter 6/Knight 3 on a Crusader Chassis with Thicket of Blades (needs some form of becoming large).

Deaxsa
2013-04-18, 07:08 PM
Crusader//Knight3/Fighter

gets really, really powerful with a spiked chain and large size

to start with, most of the DMG PrCs are pretty underpowered.

Lord Ruby34
2013-04-18, 07:09 PM
Invisible Fist Monk 2/Ninja 2/Fighter 2/OA Samurai 2/Knight 3/Ninja +9 with Enduring Ki and Extra Ki or something. Spend around 30 rounds a day under the Invisible Status (not spell; so you can attack etc). On a Swordsage Chassis.

Kung Fu Genius Monk 2/Swashbuckler X; Int to AC and Damage, Blur Int Bonus/day on a Warblade Chassis

Knockback Dungeoncrasher Fighter 6/Knight 3 on a Crusader Chassis with Thicket of Blades (needs some form of becoming large).

Crusader//Knight3/Fighter

gets really, really powerful with a spiked chain and large size

to start with, most of the DMG PrCs are pretty underpowered.

Builds aren't really what I'm looking for, but I may use these for some NPCs. Thanks.

The Viscount
2013-04-19, 12:03 AM
Check out Iron Chef. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279116) It as quite a few bad PrCs, though there are a few decent ones in there, too. Consider Spellthief as another sort of caster. No CWar samurai? I suppose that's sensible.

TaiLiu
2013-04-19, 12:18 AM
Master of Masks is fairly bad, though I've always liked the flavour.

Rubik
2013-04-19, 12:30 AM
The pyrokineticist (and cryokineticist) are pretty awful, since defenses against their main schticks abound, and what they give isn't that good. However, they can still be fun PrCs if you're fighting something NOT effectively immune to fire or cold.

That storm PrC in CPsi is horribad, especially since there's nothing at all that's actually psionic about it.

Metamind is...argh. At least until level 10...

Dwarven defender. If there was such a thing as an NPC PrC, this would be it.

dascarletm
2013-04-19, 01:14 AM
Duelist.

Thayan Knight

Knight of the Chalice?

Vermin Lord

Warrior of Darkness

Rubik
2013-04-19, 02:20 AM
Eldritch knight is crap. A lost caster level is NOT worth full BAB and a fighter feat. And the fact that you almost have to lose an additional one to enter the class (to gain martial weapon proficiency) is just adding insult to injury.

Lord Ruby34
2013-04-19, 06:39 AM
Eldritch knight is crap. A lost caster level is NOT worth full BAB and a fighter feat. And the fact that you almost have to lose an additional one to enter the class (to gain martial weapon proficiency) is just adding insult to injury.

Should be especially bad when gestalted with a Martial Adept, and the only entry being Warmage. Yeah that's going on the list.