PDA

View Full Version : HP for Undead?

Kyberwulf
2013-04-18, 08:05 PM
I was hoping someone here has some rules on playing Undead as Characters. I mean Skeletons and Zombies. I was going to start a campaign where the the characters are undead.

I was hoping for some splats and stuff.

Marnath
2013-04-18, 08:16 PM
Do you have the book Libris Mortis? That would be an excellent place to start.

Silva Stormrage
2013-04-18, 08:21 PM
Well zombies and skeletons can't be player by PC's. Luckily plenty of undead CAN be. Libris Mortis is probably going to be the main book you will want to use as it has a lot of undead feats, items and also it has the corpse crafter feats.

Now, most undead templates have some kind of LA to it so you will want to make sure you have relativly even templates for each character.

Some example templates
Necropolitain (Libris Mortis). Not very interesting but the easiest way. The characters gain the undead template in exchange for a single level. You could let all the characters start with it. Maybe in addition to a corpse crafter feat to customize their abilities.

Mummified (Libris Mortis): High LVL adjustment but has some cool abilities

Bone/Corpse Creature (BoVD): Basically zombies and skeletons that retain their class features. They aren't normally playable but you are the DM so you can just let the players play as them.

This is a good list of undead creatures/templates http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156274

Also you might want to read urpriest's monster handbook if you are not familiar with how to play as monsters.

Kyberwulf
2013-04-18, 09:18 PM
I was hoping more for undead that don't have any real superpowers. Kind of like the game Darksouls. I am hoping to have it so they switch out between Living and dead throughout the game.

Marnath
2013-04-18, 09:26 PM
I was hoping more for undead that don't have any real superpowers. Kind of like the game Darksouls. I am hoping to have it so they switch out between Living and dead throughout the game.

Necropolitan is what you want then. They're undead, but they aren't really too much more powerful than the living.