PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Third Party PrCs

Jack Zander
2013-04-18, 11:10 PM
Hey Playground, know of any good third party PrCs in Pathfinder? Know of any that are broken and should be avoided? Looking for something for a witch, but I'm also interested in knowing ANY of the third party PrCs that should be banned in games.

Psyren
2013-04-19, 12:17 AM
As a general rule, Witches shouldn't PrC because so few of them advance hexes. If you plan to PrC out, you're better off with Wizard so you get more spells/day and have a lower opportunity cost.

As for 3rd party, no idea. I know of great psionic ones but that won't help a Witch, sadly.

grarrrg
2013-04-19, 02:41 PM
It ain't 3rd party, but I loves me some Winter Witch (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/s-z/winter-witch).

It stacks for EVERYTHING. The only downsides are you must take the Winter Witch archetype, and you lose _1_ caster level.
But seriously...it stacks for EVERYTHING.

Jack Zander
2013-04-19, 04:31 PM
It ain't 3rd party, but I loves me some Winter Witch (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/s-z/winter-witch).

It stacks for EVERYTHING. The only downsides are you must take the Winter Witch archetype, and you lose _1_ caster level.
But seriously...it stacks for EVERYTHING.

Hey thanks! That looks pretty awesome! I only said 3rd party cuz I didn't find anything that was 1st party material. Dunno how I missed that one.

Psyren
2013-04-19, 04:50 PM
It also locks you into some mediocre hexes, a blah archetype and situational abilities. (How often do you need to glide through snow?) See through fog is really nice though.

Honestly I would just do an archetype. Gravewalker is much more powerful as you can handle all the creature types Witches can normally handle and gain extra ammunition to use against undead.

Arbane
2013-04-19, 06:50 PM
Honestly I would just do an archetype. Gravewalker is much more powerful as you can handle all the creature types Witches can normally handle and gain extra ammunition to use against undead.

Yeah, but their desecration aura Does Not Play Well With Others at all, especially not Good characters.

Alleran
2013-04-19, 11:29 PM
It also locks you into some mediocre hexes, a blah archetype and situational abilities. (How often do you need to glide through snow?) See through fog is really nice though.
Winter Witches are pretty good in Irrisen-based games, or games based in a winter climate (what a coincidence!).

Outside of them, though, they're not all that crash hot.

Psyren
2013-04-20, 01:27 AM
Yeah, but their desecration aura Does Not Play Well With Others at all, especially not Good characters.

Just Paladins; regular good characters don't care.

And arguably, the aura can be turned off (or simply never used):

Aura of Desecration (Su)

At first level, a gravewalker can create a 20-foot-radius aura of evil power.

Jack Zander
2013-04-20, 11:19 AM
Actually, this character isn't for me. I was asking advice for a friend of mine, and I just happen to be playing a crossblooded sorcerer with the boreal/water elemental bloodlines. There are going to be a ton of frost effects on the battlefield. :smallamused: