PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Arcane Archer Core Class [Please PEACH]

Sidran7e
2013-04-19, 04:59 AM
This is a class we have been working on for a few days for an upcoming pathfinder campaign.

Looking to get feedback on balance, changes, etc.

Thanks in advance.

The new class is further down the page at post #17

LordErebus12
2013-04-19, 05:23 AM
i like the concept immensely. its something they should have considered, themselves.

for 3.X, i always toyed with the idea of using this:

bow proficiencies and light armor
light armored caster
warmage's edge
Warmage spell list, cut off at 6th level spells
channel spells into ranged attacks
minor invisibility and stealth abilities

your concept will probably get me designing my own version of this for 3.5

MrLemon
2013-04-19, 10:33 AM
I like the concept, though I haven't read it all
However, you should accord to the general PF rules about classes:

All 6th level casting classes in PF (Bard, Magus, Summoner, Inqusitor) have 3/4ths BAB and d8 HD. Your spells per day and spells known also differ from the established formula.

On the other hand, you could transform it to accord to the Ranger/Paladin core. In this case, you can keep d10 HD and full BAB, but only 4th level spells (no cantrips), starting at level 4.

Looking at what the class should represent, the former would be my personal choice.

Tanuki Tales
2013-04-19, 10:39 AM

You don't have to abide by that though.

I'll be giving this class a thorough read over when I get a chance. The concept does intrigue me. :smallsmile:

AttilaTheGeek
2013-04-19, 11:25 AM
I like the concept, though I haven't read it all

Actually, I would advise to differ from the established norms. Don't give it d8 HD and 3/4 BAB because it has 6th-level casting, but I would give it a d8 HD because otherwise a d10, full BAB, and 6th-level casting is too powerful. I might even give it a d6 because it seems castery, but not unless you want it to be really afraid of melee.

Shyftir
2013-04-19, 04:00 PM
His core is based off Duskblade from what I can tell.

dralend
2013-04-19, 04:17 PM
His core is based off Duskblade from what I can tell.

It is mostly based off the pathfinder arcane archer, and the variant archer for the fighter

dralend
2013-04-19, 04:22 PM
Actually, I would advise to differ from the established norms. Don't give it d8 HD and 3/4 BAB because it has 6th-level casting, but I would give it a d8 HD because otherwise a d10, full BAB, and 6th-level casting is too powerful. I might even give it a d6 because it seems castery, but not unless you want it to be really afraid of melee.

I also tested the class at 1st level against 5 street thugs and got killed
I tested the class against a cr4 monster and nearly got killed ant 5th level

the class is good at ranged but dies very quickly to melee

LordErebus12
2013-04-19, 04:28 PM
Acute Senses doesnt make much sense, imo. you already have bonuses to perception.

add in something like this, might keep it safer in melee (for a while, anyways):

Archer’s Stance:
The Arcane Archer does not provoke attacks of opportunity when firing ranged weapons while threatened in melee.

dralend
2013-04-19, 04:46 PM
Acute Senses doesnt make much sense, imo. you already have bonuses to perception.

add in something like this, might keep it safer in melee (for a while, anyways):

Archer’s Stance:
The Arcane Archer does not provoke attacks of opportunity when firing ranged weapons while threatened in melee.

have an archer's trick that dose the same thing

LordErebus12
2013-04-19, 04:51 PM
have an archer's trick that dose the same thing

why waste a trick? low light vision is inferior, in comparison, imo. All things considered, AoOs in melee range is a bigger threat than a little darkness.

AttilaTheGeek
2013-04-20, 08:57 AM
I also tested the class at 1st level against 5 street thugs and got killed
I tested the class against a cr4 monster and nearly got killed ant 5th level

the class is good at ranged but dies very quickly to melee

Well, of course. The class has the word "archer" in the name. Remember Haley's sage words of advice (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0151.html)? If your archer fights five melee alone and doesn't get wrecked, then that's a problem. You need to run your tests with a full party for the archer to hide behind, complete with a meat shield or two, because realistically it's not going to be in melee often.

The Boz
2013-04-21, 11:54 AM
So this is like a Bard, Magus, Summoner or Ranger, but outright better?
Well, if that was your intention, congrats...

I advise you to lower the base hit die to d8 as a start. Oh, and nerf the hell out of that spell list, it has Batman Wizard written all over it.

Seharvepernfan
2013-04-22, 02:31 AM
I would have made them Int-casters, personally. There is very little synergy with Cha in this class.

What is Influence?

I don't think they should have UMD.

I think they should be d8. D10 on a character that isn't melee is a bit much (I know rangers are d10, but still), especially if they don't have a good fort save.

LordErebus12
2013-04-22, 06:16 AM
I would have made them Int-casters, personally. There is very little synergy with Cha in this class.

What is Influence?

I don't think they should have UMD.

I think they should be d8. D10 on a character that isn't melee is a bit much (I know rangers are d10, but still), especially if they don't have a good fort save.

UMD is for classes without casting ability, generally

Xerlith
2013-04-22, 06:58 AM
Batman-ish. I'd either drop the BAB to medium and give them + to hit as class features instead (the same to-hit, less/later iteratives) or cut the casting to 0-4 with paladin-like progression.
Also, int-based casting seems better. And fits nicely in its niche.

Sidran7e
2013-04-22, 09:30 AM
Take Two

The Arcane Archer
Alignment: Any
Hit Die: d8

CLASS SKILLS
The arcane archer's class skills are: Acrobatics (Dex), Athletics (Str), Craft (Bows) (Int), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha or Str), Lore (Arcane) (Int), Lore (Local) (Int), Perception (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex), Survival (Wis).
Skill ranks per level: 4 + Int Modifier

{table=head]{colsp=6}Table: The ARCANE ARCHER |{colsp=6}SPELLS PER DAY
Level | Base Attack Bonus | Fort | Reflex | Will | Special | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |6
1 | +0 |
+0 |
+2|
+2 | Armored Mage(light), an arrow for any target, Close Combat Shot, Skilled Archer | 1 | - | - | - | - | -
2 | +1 |
+0 |
+3 |
+3| Raptor’s sight, archer’s trick | 2 | - | - | - | - | -
3 | +2 |
+1 |
+3|
+3| Arcane Channeling, Precision +1d6 | 3 | - | - | - | - | -
4 | +3 |
+1 |
+4|
+4| Expert Archer, Enhance Arrow +1 | 3 | 1 | - | - | - | -
5 | +3 |
+1 |
+4|
+4 | Imbue Arrow, Archer’s trick | 4 | 2 | - | - | - | -
6 |+4 |
+2 |
+5|
+5| uncanny dodge, Precision +2d6 | 4 | 3 | - | - | - | -
7 |+5 |
+2 |
+5|
+5 | evasion| 4 | 3 | 1 | - | - | -
8 |+6/+1 |
+2 |
+6|
+6 | enhance arrow +2, archer’s trick | 4 | 4 | 2 | - | - | -
9 |+6/+1 |
+3 |
+6|
+6 | seeker arrow, Precision +3d6| 5 | 4 | 3 | - | - | -
10 |+7/+2 |
+3 |
+7|
+7 | evasive archer| 5 | 4 | 3 | 1 | - | -
11 | +8/+3 |
+3 |
+7|
+7| advanced tricks, archer’s trick | 5 | 4 | 4 | 2 | -| -
12 |+9/+4 |
+4 |
+8|
+8| enhance arrow +3, Precision +4d6| 5 | 5 | 4 | 3 | - | -
13 |+9/+4 |
+4 |
+8|
+8 | phase arrow| 5 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 1 | -
14 |+10/+5 |
+4 |
+9|
+9| archer’s trick | 6 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 2 | -
15 |+11/+6/+1 |
+5 |
+9|
+9 | Precision +5d6, volley | 6 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 3 | -
16 |+12/+7/+2 |
+5 |
+10|
+10 | enhance arrow +4| 6 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 1
17 |+12/+7/+2 |
+5 |
+10|
+10 | Hail of arrows, archer’s trick | 6 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 2
18 |+13/+8/+3 |
+6 |
+11|
+11 | Perfect aim, Precision +6d6| 6 | 6 | 5 | 5 | 4 |3
19 |+14/+9/+4 |
+6 |
+11|
+11 | Ranged defense | 6 | 6 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 4
20 |+15/+10/+5 |
+6 |
+12|
+12 | arrow of death, enhance arrow +5, archer’s trick| 6 | 6 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 5
[/table]

CLASS FEATURES
All of the following are class skills of the Arcane Archer base class:
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Arcane Archers are proficient with all simple weapons, with all bows (not crossbows), and with light armor (but no shields), In addition, Arcane archers gain the Weapon Focus (bows) feat as a bonus feat at 1st level. At 4th level, the arcane archer may take the Weapon specialization (bows) feat as one of his feats. At 8th level, the arcane archer may take the Greater Weapon Focus (Bows) feat as one of his feats. At 12th level, the arcane archer may take the Great Weapon Specialization (bows) feat as one of his feats.
Armored Mage: At 1st level, an arcane archer may use light armor without incurring spell failure. This only applies to spells gained from arcane archer levels and no other class.
An Arrow for Any Enemy (Ex): An Arcane Archer collects all sorts of arrows throughout his adventuring career. These arrows can be of any mundane sort worth up to 50sp per class level. This can be of any type of mundane arrow the arcane archer desires, all the way to the last arrow.

{table=head]Spells known
{table=head]Level | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
1st | 4 | 2 | - | - | - | - | -|
2nd | 5 | 3 | - | - | - | - |-|
3rd | 6| 4| - | - | - | - |-|
4th | 6 | 4 | 2 | - | - | - | -|
5th | 6 | 4 | 3 | - | - | - |-|
6th | 6 | 4 | 4 | - | - | - |-|
7th | 7 | 5 | 4 | 2 | - | - |-|
8th | 7 | 5 | 4 | 3 | - | - |-|
9th | 7 | 5 | 4 | 4 | - | - |-|
10th |7 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 2 | - |-|
11th |8 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 3 | - | - |
12th |8 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 4 | - | - |
13th |8 | 6 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 2 | - |
14th | 8 | 6 |6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | - |
15th | 8 | 6 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | - |
16th | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 2 |
17th | 8 | 7 | 6 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 |
18th | 8 | 7 | 6 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 4 |
19th | 8 | 7 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 5 | 4 |
20th | 8 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 6 | 5 | 5 |
[/table][/table]

Spells: An arcane archer casts arcane spells drawn from the arcane archer spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. To learn or cast a spell, a arcane archer must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class (DC) for a saving throw against a arcane archer's spell is 10 + the spell level + the arcane archer's Charisma modifier.
Like other spellcasters, a arcane archer can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: Arcane Archer. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Charisma score.
The arcane archer's selection of spells is extremely limited. A arcane archer begins play knowing four 0-level spells and two 1st-level spells from the arcane archer's spell list. At each new arcane archer level, he gains one or more new spells, as indicated on Table: Arcane Archer Spells Known. (Unlike spells per day, the number of spells an arcane archer knows is not affected by his Charisma score (See Table: Ability Modifiers and Bonus Spells).
Upon reaching 5th level, and at every third arcane archer level after that (8th, 11th, and so on), an arcane archer can choose to learn a new spell in place of one he already knows. In effect, the arcane archer "loses" the old spell in exchange for the new one. The new spell's level must be the same as that of the spell being exchanged, and it must be at least one level lower than the highest-level arcane archer spell the arcane archer can cast. A arcane archer may swap only a single spell at any given level, and must choose whether or not to swap the spell at the same time that he gains new spells known for the level.
An arcane archer need not prepare his spells in advance. He can cast any spell he knows at any time, assuming he has not yet used up his allotment of spells per day for the spell's level.
Close Combat Shot (Ex): at 1st level an arcane archer no longer provoke an attack of opportunity when making a ranged attack with his bow. When making any other ranged attacks, such as throwing a dagger, the arcane archer still provokes as normal.
Skilled Archer (Ex): at 1st level a arcane archer uses his arcane archer uses his level in place of his base attack bonus when calculating his to hit for any ranged attack with a bow. Levels gained from other classes are unaffected and are calculated normally.
Raptor's Sight (Ex): At 2nd level, an arcane archer gains a +1 bonus on Perception checks, and the range increment for any bow he uses increases by +10 feet. These bonuses increase by +1 and +10 additional feet for every 4 levels beyond 2nd.
Archer's Tricks: As an arcane archer gains in experience, he learns a number of new tricks that aid him at confounding his foes. Beginning at 2nd level, an arcane archer learns one Archer's Trick. He again learns another Archer's Trick at 5th and then another every three levels thereafter. Unless otherwise noted, a arcane archer cannot select an individual trick more than once.
Tricks marked with an asterisk add effects to an arcane archer's precision damage. Only one of these talents can be applied to an individual attack and he decision must be made before the attack roll is made.

ARCHER'S TRICKS:
Assault Leader (Ex): Once per day, when the arcane archer misses with an attack on a flanked opponent, he can designate a single ally who is also flanking the target that his attack missed. That ally can make a single attack against the opponent as an immediate action.

Befuddling Shot (Ex)*: When the arcane archer deals precision damage against an opponent, that opponent takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls against the arcane archer for 1d4 rounds

Camouflage (Ex): An arcane archer with this trick may use the Stealth skill to hide in any natural environment, even if he does not have cover or concealment.

Acute Senses (Ex): At 1st level the arcane archer gains low-light vision and a +1 bonus on Perception checks. If the arcane archer already has low-light vision, he gains a +2 bonus on Perception checks instead. This bonus increases by +1 for every three class levels (to a maximum of +6 at 19th level, or +7 if the character did not gain low-light vision from this ability).

Combat Trick: An arcane archer that selects this trick receives a bonus combat feat.

Expert Leaper (Ex): When making jump checks, the arcane archer is always considered to have a running start. Also, when the arcane archer deliberately falls, a DC 15 Acrobatics check allows him to ignore the first 20 feet fallen, instead of the first 10 feet.

Fast Stealth (Ex): This ability allows an arcane archer to move at full speed using the Stealth skill without penalty.

Foe Hunter (Ex): An arcane archer with this trick gains a favored enemy as per the ranger special ability. He may take this trick multiple times, each time he does the arcane archer gains an additional favored enemy or increases the favored enemy bonus.

Follow Clues (Ex): An arcane archer with this trick can use his Perception to follow tracks as per the Survival skill.

Ledge Walker (Ex): This trick allows an arcane archer to move along narrow surfaces at full speed using the Acrobatics skill without penalty. In addition, an arcane archer with this talent is not flat-footed when using Acrobatics to move along narrow surfaces.

Lightfoot (Ex): An arcane archer with this trick may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain).

Powerful Shot (Ex)*: Whenever an arcane archer with this talent takes a full attack action, he can elect to take a -2 penalty on all attack rolls until the start of his next turn. If an attack during this time is a precision attack, he treats 1s on the damage dice as 2s.

Resiliency (Ex): Once per day, an arcane archer with this ability can gain a number of temporary hit points equal to his arcane archer levels. Activating this ability is an immediate action that can only be performed when he is brought to below 0 hit points. This ability can be used to prevent him from dying. These temporary hit points last for 1 minute. If the arcane archer's hit points drop below 0 due to the loss of these temporary hit points, he falls unconscious and is dying as normal.

Skilled Bowman (Ex): Once per day, an arcane archer with this trick can roll two dice while making a ranged attack while using a bow and take the better result. He must choose to use this talent before making the attack action.
An arcane archer can use this trick an additional time per day for every 5 arcane archer levels he possesses.

Slow Reactions (Ex)*: Opponents damaged by the arcane archer's precision attack can't make attacks of opportunity for 1d4 rounds.

Snap Shot (Ex): An arcane archer with this trick may treat his initiative roll as a 20 for a surprise round, regardless of his initiative, but he may only take an attack action with a ranged weapon. His normal initiative roll is used in subsequent rounds. If two or more arcane archers (or rogues) possess this trick, their initiative determines the order in which they act, but they all go before any other creature. If an arcane archer is prevented from acting in a surprise round, this trick has no effect.

Stand Up (Ex): An arcane archer with this ability can stand up from a prone position as a free action. This still provokes attacks of opportunity for standing up while threatened by a foe.

Swift Shooter (Ex): Once per day, an arcane archer that selects this trick gains the benefit of having the Manyshot feat (even though he might now meet the prerequisites for doing so). Furthermore, if the arcane archer already has the Manyshot feat, he gains would then gain a +1 circumstance bonus to his attack and damage rolls. If this trick is selected more than once, the 1/day limit increases by an additional use per day.

Terrain Mastery (Ex): An arcane archer with this trick gains a favored terrain as per the ranger ability of the same name, though the favored terrain ability does not increase with the arcane archer's level as the ranger's ability does. An arcane archer can take this ability multiple times, each time applying it to a new terrain, and granting all other favored terrains a +2 increase to the favored terrain bonus.

Arcane Channeling (Su): Beginning at 3rd level, you can use a standard action to cast any touch spell you know and deliver the spell through your weapon with a ranged attack. Casting a spell in this manner does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The spell must have a casting time of 1 standard action or less. If the ranged attack is successful, the attack deals damage normally; then the effect of the spell is resolved.
Precision (Ex): Starting at 3rd level, an arcane archer adds the indicated damage bonus to any shot he makes against a foe who is flanked by one or more allies. This extra damage is 1d6 at 3rd level, and it only applies when the arcane archer uses his bow while within 30 feet of the target.
The extra damage increases by +1d6 every three arcane archer levels attained thereafter.
The arcane archer must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. An arcane archer cannot use this ability while striking a creature with concealment.
Expert Archer (Ex): At 4th level, an arcane archer gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with bows. This bonus increases by +1 for every four levels beyond 4th.
Enhance Arrow (Su): Beginning at 4th level, every non-magical arrow an arcane archer nocks and lets fly becomes magic, gaining a +1 enhancement bonus and an additional +1 enhancement bonus for every 4 levels attained thereafter. Unlike magic weapons created by normal means, the arcane archer need not spend gold pieces to accomplish this task. However, an arcane archer's magic arrows only function for him.
Imbue Arrow (Sp): Starting at 5th level, an arcane archer gains the ability to place an area spell upon an arrow. When the arrow is fired, the spell's area is centered where the arrow lands, even if the spell could normally be centered only on the caster. This ability allows the arcane archer to use the bow's range rather than the spell's range. A spell cast in this way uses its standard casting time and the arcane archer can fire the arrow as part of the casting. The arrow must be fired during the round that the casting is completed or the spell is wasted. If the arrow misses, the spell is wasted.
Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Starting at 6th level, an arcane archer can react to danger before his senses would normally allow his to do so. He cannot be caught flat-footed, nor does he lose his Dex bonus to AC if the attacker is invisible. He still loses his Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. An Arcane archer with this ability can still lose his Dexterity bonus to AC if an opponent successfully uses the feint action (see Combat) against him.
If an Arcane archer already has uncanny dodge from a different class, he automatically gains improved uncanny dodge (see improved uncanny dodge advanced trick) instead.
Evasion (Ex): At 7th level and higher, an arcane archer can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the arcane archer is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless arcane archer does not gain the benefit of evasion.
Seeker Arrow (Sp): At 9th level, an arcane archer can launch an arrow at a target known to him within range, and the arrow travels to the target, even around corners. Only an unavoidable obstacle or the limit of the arrow's range prevents the arrow's flight. This ability negates cover and concealment modifiers, but otherwise the attack is rolled normally. Using this ability is a standard action (and shooting the arrow is part of the action). An arcane archer can use this ability once per day at 9th level, and one additional time per day for every two levels beyond 9th, to a maximum of five times per day at 19th level.
Evasive Archer (Ex): At 10th level, an arcane archer gains a +2 dodge bonus to AC against ranged attacks. This bonus increases to +4 at 15th level, and increases again to +8 at 20th level.
Advanced Tricks: Beginning at 11th level and at every three levels thereafter, an arcane archer can choose one of the following advanced tricks in place of a archer's trick.
ADVANCED TRICKS:
Another Day (Ex): Once per day, when the arcane archer would be reduced to 0 or fewer hit points by a melee attack, he can take a 5-foot step as an immediate action. If the movement takes him out of the reach of the attack, he takes no damage from the attack. The arcane archer is staggered for 1 round on his next turn.

Defensive Roll (Ex): With this advanced trick, the arcane archer can roll with a potentially lethal blow to take less damage from it than he otherwise would. Once per day, when he would be reduced to 0 or fewer hit points by damage in combat, the arcane archer can attempt to roll with the damage. To use this ability, the arcane archer must attempt a Reflex saving throw (DC = damage dealt). If the save succeeds, he takes only half damage from the blow; if it fails, he takes full damage. He must be aware of the attack and able to react to it in order to execute his defensive roll-if he is denied his Dexterity bonus to AC, he can't use this ability. Since this effect would not normally allow a character to make a Reflex save for half damage, the arcane archer's evasion ability does not apply to the defensive roll.

Dispelling Attack (Su)*: Opponents that are dealt precision damage by an arcane archer with this trick are affected by a targeted dispel magic, targeting the lowest-level spell effect active on the target. The caster level for this ability is equal to the arcane archer's level.

Double Initiative (Ex): An arcane archer with this trick may attack two times each round, once at his full initiative and once at half his initiative.

Entanglement of Arrows (Ex)*: When an arcane archer with this trick hits a creature with a ranged attack that deals precision damage, the target cannot take a 5-foot step until the beginning of the arcane archer's next turn.

Fast Tumble (Ex): When an arcane archer with this talent uses Acrobatics to move at full speed through a threatened square without provoking an attack of opportunity, the DC of the Acrobatics check does not increase by 10.

Hard to Fool (Ex): An arcane archer with this trick is hard to fool with mind-affecting effects. At the start of his turn, if he is still subject to any mind-affecting spells or effects, he can make a Will saving throw with a standard DC for the effect's level, and if he succeeds at the check, he is no longer subject to the mind-affecting effect. He can make this saving throw even against mind-affecting effects that normally don't allow a saving throw. In those cases, generate the saving throw as if the spell or effect did allow a saving throw.

Hunter's Surprise (Ex): Once per day, an arcane archer with this talent can designate a single enemy he is in precision damage as his prey. Until the end of his next turn, he can add his precision damage to all attacks made against his prey, even if he is not flanking it or it is not flat-footed.

Improved Evasion (Ex): This works like evasion, except that while the arcane archer still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, he henceforth takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless arcane archer does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): An arcane archer can no longer be flanked. This defense denies a rogue the ability to sneak attack the character by flanking him, unless the attacker has at least four more levels than the target does.
If a character already has uncanny dodge (see uncanny dodge above) from another class, the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum rogue level required to flank the character.

Opportunist (Ex): Once per round, the arcane archer can make an attack of opportunity against an opponent who has just been struck for damage in melee by another character. This attack counts as an attack of opportunity for that round. Even an arcane archer with the Combat Reflexes feat can't use the opportunist ability more than once per round.

Redirect Attack (Ex): Once per day, when an arcane archer with this trick is hit with a melee attack, he can redirect the attack to strike at an adjacent creature with a free action. The creature targeted must be within melee reach of the attack that hit the arcane archer, and the creature that made the attack against the arcane archer must make a new attack roll against the new target.
Phase Arrow (Sp): At 13th level, an Arcane archer can launch an arrow once per day at a target known to him within range, and the arrow travels to the target in a straight path, passing through any non-magical barrier or wall in its way. (Any magical barrier stops the arrow.) This ability negates cover, concealment, armor, and shield modifiers, but otherwise the attack is rolled normally. Using this ability is a standard action (and shooting the arrow is part of the action). An Arcane archer can use this ability once per day at 13th level, and one additional time per day for every two levels beyond 13th, to a maximum of four times per day at 19th level.
Volley (Ex): At 15th level, as a full-round action, an Arcane archer can make a single bow attack at his highest base attack bonus against any number of creatures in a 15-foot radius burst, making separate attack and damage rolls for each creature.
Hail of Arrows (Sp): In lieu of his regular attacks, once per day an Arcane archer of 17th level or higher can fire an arrow at each and every target within range, to a maximum of one target for every Arcane archer level he has earned. Each attack uses the arcane archer's primary attack bonus, and each enemy may only be targeted by a single arrow.
Perfect Aim (Ex): At 18th level, all critical threats an arcane archer makes with his ranged attacks are automatically confirmed. In addition, their damage multiplier increased by 1 (×3 becomes ×4, for example). Furthermore, he cannot be disarmed while wielding a bow.
Ranged Defense (Ex): At 19th level, an arcane archer gains DR 5/- against ranged attacks. In addition, as an immediate action, he can catch an arrow fired at him and shoot it any target he chooses, as if he had the Snatch Arrows feat.
Arrow of Death (Sp): At 20th level, an arcane archer can create a special type of slaying arrow that forces the target, if damaged by the arrow's attack, to make a Fortitude save or be slain immediately. The DC of this save is equal to 20 + the arcane archer's Charisma modifier. It takes 1 day to make a single slaying arrow, and the arrow only functions for the arcane archer who created it. The slaying arrow lasts no longer than 1 year, and the arcane archer can only have a number of arrows equal to his cha modifier in existence at a time.

spell list found below

Xerlith
2013-04-22, 12:27 PM
Ooh, I like it now. Still hits as accurate and as hard, but not so many times in a round anymore.
The spell list might still need a little tweaking, though.

Sidran7e
2013-04-22, 12:46 PM
That is the next step then...Any Suggestions...anyone.

Xerlith
2013-04-22, 01:41 PM
Well, as far as additional spells go, I'd be happy to see the PF Ranger spell list incorporated to some extent. Gravity Bow as a lvl 2 spell?

But on the other hand, I think that some of the utility should be taken away from the class, because now it seems like this with a level or two in rogue gets too close to a one man army.

The Boz
2013-04-22, 02:06 PM
This is an arcane archer. If a spell deals damage and isn't a melee touch attack or a fire shield or something like it, remove it. If a spell heals a creature, remove it. If a spell restores ability damage or level drain or removes curses, remove it.

Basically, take a look at the Magus. Meteor Swarm, Heal, Banishment and Regeneration have no business being on this list. Or on ANY list together.

Sidran7e
2013-04-29, 11:43 PM
ARCANE ARCHER SPELL LIST

Level 0- Acid Splash, Bleed, Create Water, Dancing Lights, Daze, Disrupt Undead, Flare, Guidance, Light, Longshot, Open/Close, Ray of Frost, Sky Step, Stabilize, Summon Weapon, Unerring Weapon, Virtue

Level 1- Alarm, Animate Rope, Arcane Fervor (Divine Fervor), Bane, Bless, Burning Hands, Cause Fear, Chill Touch, Corrosive Touch, Distract 1, Doom, Endure Elements, Energy Missile 1, Energy Weapon 1, Entropic Shield, Expeditious Retreat, Feather Fall, Flank Shield 1, Flare Burst, Frostbite, Hesitation 1, Hex of the Bull's Eye 1, Identify, Illuminated Weapon 1, Inspired Initiative 1, Keen Senses 1, Mistsight 1, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Mental Sentinel 1, Obscuring Mist, Overcompensation 1, Potent Weapon 1, Reactive Armor 1, Shield, Shocking Grasp, Sleep, Snowball, Summon Weapon I, True Shield 1, True Strike, Wind Churn 1.

Level 2- Acid Arrow, Aid, Barkskin, Bear's Endurance, Blur, Bull's Strength, Brightmatter 2, Cat's Grace, Chaotic Bolt 2 Continual Flame, Darkvision, Distortion Field 2, Eagle's Splendor, Earthskin 2, Elemental Touch, Expeditious Charge 2, Exploding Critical 2, Flame Blade, Flaming Sphere, Fox's Cunning, Frigid Touch, Glitterdust, Heroism, Ice Aegis 2, Owl's Wisdom, Reloading Hands, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility, Summon Weapon II, Spider Climb, Stone Call, Touch of Idiocy, Web, Wildheart 2

Level 3- Blink, Burst of Speed, Call Lightning, Create Food and Water, Deflect Attack, Dispel Magic, Displacement, Elemental Arrow, Fireball, Haste, Keen Edge, Lightning Bolt, Sleet Storm, Slow, Spiritbow, Lesser 3 Summon Weapon III, Tongues, Vampiric Touch, Water Breathing.

Level 4- Alter Range 3, Armor of Force 3, Armor of the Heart 3,Armor Plating 3, Cone of Cold, Dismissal, Fire Shield, Flame Strike, Freedom of Movement, Greater Invisibility, Ice Storm, Resist Damage 3, Retaliatory Missile 3, Shield of Ablation 3, Shield of Dawn, Summon Weapon IV, Wreath of Blades

Level 5- Breath of Life, Call Lightning Storm, Chain Lightning, Greater Heroism, Kinetic Force 4, Mage Sword, Polar Ray, Pyroclastic Blast 4, Redefine the Tools of War 4, Reverse Gravity, Shield of the Demiurge 4, Shooting Star 4, Stoneskin, Summon Weapon V, Trollskin 4, True Seeing, Wall of Shields 4, Ward Bow, Wrath of the Demiurge 4

Level 6 Banishment, Delayed Blast Fireball, Fire Storm, Greater Dispel Magic, Meteor Swarm, Sirocco, Storm of Vengeance, Summon Weapon VI, Sun Beam, Sunburst, Undead to Death, Walk through Space

New Spell
1: From 101 1st Level Spells.
2: From 101 2nd Level Spells.
3: From 101 4th Level Spells.
4: From 101 5th Level Spells.

PsionMage
2013-04-30, 12:58 PM
To clarify the precision rules, perhaps using some verbiage similar to the "Ranged Flank" combat feat that I found online:
" Ranged Flank (Combat)

Even at a distance, you can take advantage of a distracted opponent.

Prerequisite: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, base attack bonus +10.

Benefit: When attacking with ranged or thrown weapons from a distance of up to 30 feet, if the nearest adjacent space to your target is unoccupied and the opposite space is occupied by a threatening ally, you are considered flanking. Both you and your ally gain all the benefits of flanking, including +2 flanking bonus on attacks, rogues can sneak attack, etc.

Normal: Only characters in melee are considered flanking."

The main thing to clarify is how you stated that if it's flanked by 1 or more How can something be flanked by only one character? Do you provide flanking bonuses to the other characters (like this feat would provide) or are you the only person who gets the 'benefit'?

Additionally, I think the Double-Initiative advanced skill is pretty powerful. It's vaguely worded in such a way as to give you 2 full attack actions (could even liberally be read as 2 full rounds), or casting 2 spells-delivered-by-arrow every round. I'm guessing that was the intent, but it seems pretty darn powerful at level 11. Equating to 8 attacks I'm figuring (3 iterative + 1 Rapid shot) x 2. Perhaps you're thinking this is balanced because arrows generally do a lot less damage than melee dps guys? I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but I'm pointing out that few people would ever take any other trick due to the shear power level.

edit: clarified precision + flanking explanation