PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Need Help with Invocations and Backup Char

Krazzman
2013-04-19, 07:26 AM
Hello again Playground,

I have had some time reading... and we haven't really played the campaign this is about in the last weeks due to shedule conflicts and well I still have some thoughts I would like your input about.

First things first:
Currently I am Playing a Level 2 Human CG Cleric of Tymora (Domains: Travel and Luck).
Feats: Travel Devotion, Practised Spellcaster(although only for 2 level).
Plan is going Eldritch Disciple and getting one level of Warlock on 3 and 2 other Cleric levels on level 6 going into the PrC.
Now Traveling is the CORE Meaning to the Character himself. And I would like to get input in what order I should take Invocations and which I should avoid or definatly add(limited source of CArc and CMage). And which spells to prepare on a daily basis to complement this theme more.
I wanted to go:
Level 3: See the Unseen (to travel in places without light)
Level 6: Spider Climb (Traded to Swimming the Styx at 10th level)
Level 8: Baleful Utterance
Level 10: Fell Flight
Level 12: Flee the Scene

OR if I should go into Magic of Incarnum to get some meldshaping instead of Invocations? As I have really no clue how Meldshaping works at the moment (my copy of MoI will arrive next week) I don't really know what would be the better way for traveling.

The other thing I have thought about is... what will happen if the Cleric dies? Currently we have a Druid of Malar focused on summoning, a halfling factotum, a halfling swordsage, an elven wizard and an elven sorcerer. And we run around in a Swamp where trolls and reptilians are seen often and Healing Magic doesn't always work at the moment due to setting specific damage to the Weave. Similar to how it was whilst the time of sorrow.

And thought about going Melee wanting to try out Totem Rager since we haven't tried Meldshaping yet and I found the thougth of a Totemist/Barbarian Combination quite awesome. But I think thanks to the Fumbledeck from Pathfinder this isn't such a good idea.

I hope you can help me again.

SciChronic
2013-04-19, 07:46 AM
since healing can't be relied on to always work, i would try to mitigate how much you can get hurt via disables. a human wolf totem barbarian can achieve 5 feats by level 2, one of which is improved trip, through the use of flaws. a human fighter can have 6 by level 2 through flaws as well, effectively allowing them to reach high sword low axe at level 1.

Krazzman
2013-04-20, 08:44 AM
since healing can't be relied on to always work, i would try to mitigate how much you can get hurt via disables. a human wolf totem barbarian can achieve 5 feats by level 2, one of which is improved trip, through the use of flaws. a human fighter can have 6 by level 2 through flaws as well, effectively allowing them to reach high sword low axe at level 1.

Sorry that I couldn't reply that fast.

The thing thing about healing being not secure is part of our quest (more or less overarching) to deal with it. We have no direct tie to restoring the weave but will probably do that in the end anyway.
About Flaws: they are not allowed.
For the Eldritch Disciple:
I've been thinking about dropping Swimming the Styx (and Spider Climb) for Entropic Warding to get at least one miss-chance asap.
Maybe even switching See the Unseen and Entropic Warding then. But I haven't looked into MoI yet, it just arrived yesterday evening.