PDA

View Full Version : Master of Mask's "Gladiator" and Chameleon's "Combat Focus" (3.5)

NewWorldMan
2013-04-19, 10:11 AM
I'm looking at possibly creating a character that blends the Master of Masks and Chameleon PrC's in 3.5, but I'm curious how folks would rule the stacking of their abilities? The best example I can give is the "Gladiator" mask from Master of Masks and the "Combat Focus" from Chameleon.

Both PrC's are built around using personas and masks to make them effective. Both the mask and persona grant a competence bonus to attack/damage (which technically wouldn't stack), but not allowing them to stack renders it much less effective to take both PrC's instead of just sticking with one or the other.

Would everyone here allow them to stack, or simply stay the course, state they don't stack, and encourage a player to just take one route?

NewWorldMan
2013-04-19, 10:13 AM
Note: The idea is to start with 5 levels of Factotum, then start branching out into Master of Masks and Chameleon to have a character that was a true "jack-of-all-trades." If folks would rule you can't stack personas and masks, I'd just stick with one or the other. I just like the idea of having a character that has multiple personalities he uses by combining combos of the two.

Deaxsa
2013-04-19, 10:51 AM
what's the sourcebook for Chameleon?

NewWorldMan
2013-04-19, 10:54 AM
what's the sourcebook for Chameleon?

It's in "Race of Destiny."

Gnaeus
2013-04-19, 01:54 PM
I would probably let them stack.

That said, having played a chameleon in my last game, it was almost never worth it to assume combat focus. It was almost always better to take Arcane Focus, Divine Focus, or dual Arcane/Divine focus, and load up on long duration buffs if you want to melee.

JadePhoenix
2013-04-19, 02:32 PM
Divine Focus, persisting the heck out of everything then swapping to Arcane Focus is where it's at :smallwink: