PDA

View Full Version : [PF] I Never Thought I'd See the Day... (Build Advice)

Nepenthe
2013-04-19, 04:34 PM
...When I have open feats in a build. I'd greatly appreciate advice on how to fill them. Currently at level 1, but I want to plan for the future. Here's what I have so far:

LN Dwarf Inquisitor of Ragathiel
Domain: Destruction (Rage)
STR 18, DEX 13, CON 12, INT 10, WIS 16, CHA 8
Planning on Inquisitor 20, but not totally opposed to a dip.

Feats:
01 Judgement Surge
03 Power Attack
05 Intimidating Prowess
07 Cornugon Smash
09 Shared Judgment
11 Furious Focus
13 [Free]
15 Dreadful Carnage
17 [Free]
19 [Free]
Yes, I am trying to intimidate with a CHA penalty. I cannot justify Dwarves with high charisma with my roleplaying style. With the exception of Judgment Surge, none of these are set in stone. Also looking for advice on Rage Powers to take. I'm thinking maybe Reckless Abandon and Animal Fury with Extra Rage Power (Lesser Beast Totem) at 13 and Multiattack at 17. It comes on kinda late though and still leaves a free feat (Extend Rage?).

Anyway, I greatly appreciate everyone's comments.

Squirrel_Dude
2013-04-19, 09:07 PM
Weapon focus & dazzling display?

+ intimidating bane or shatter defenses.

Nepenthe
2013-04-19, 11:39 PM
Thanks, that does sound good. Especially Intimidating Bane. If I go that route I'd probably do Reckless Abandon and... Good for What Ails You (maybe?) for Rage Powers. Would it be worth a level in Fighter to pick up Weapon Focus earlier (and extra proficiencies)?

Thanks again for the reply.

Squirrel_Dude
2013-04-20, 07:01 AM
No. Avoid multiclassing in Pathfinder. Weapon Focus doesn't require being a fighter at all, so pick it up whenever you want. It's just a prereq for the more important dazzling display.

Brock Samson
2013-04-20, 11:14 AM
Just saying, you can never go wrong with Craft Wondrous Item.

Nepenthe
2013-04-20, 10:23 PM
Thanks, everyone. Anyone have tips on Rage Powers? Keep in mind I can only takes ones without a minimum Barbarian level.

Thanks again!

Squirrel_Dude
2013-04-20, 11:09 PM
Have a look at:
- Intimidating Glare
- Low-Light Vision
- Roaring Drunk
- Scent
- Superstition
- Swift Foot

Not all are suggested for intimidating. Some are just all-around good

Nepenthe
2013-04-21, 08:23 PM
Thanks again. The more I look at this, the more uncertain I become. I don't think I want to devote entirely to intimidation. I don't mind investing a little because of the nice Inquistitor bonus, but I don't want it to be my main shtick (especially with that CHA penalty). What are some other directions I could go with this while keeping a melee focus? Ubercharging seems to be pretty much nonexistent in PF... Would picking up a couple Natural Attacks (as the opening post) leave me totally gimped?

And I keep hearing "don't multiclass," but is it actually mechanically inferior or just counter to PF's design philosophy?

Again, I really appreciate everyone's input.