PDA

View Full Version : Help for Serpent Shaman!! [Pathfinder]

Iktus
2013-04-19, 06:59 PM
So I just happen to find the idea of a serpent shaman pretty neat (orochimaru, anyone?) and was wondering how to optimize this.
The game takes place in riddleport so I would probably go Charm Domain and would like to use poisons and probably go unarmed strike/imp. grapple.
Does the playground have neat suggestions for feats/spells and/or magic items for making this build awesome?
Ideas for a race are also welcome.
anything, really.
thanks!

Keneth
2013-04-19, 07:23 PM
Well, as far as races go, vishkanyas and nagaji are your basic ophidian races. Although vishkanyas get -2 Wis, so they're not exactly a good fit for a druid.

I also find it humorous that serpent shamans lose their immunity to poison. :smallbiggrin:

It's a pretty horrible archetype though. You'd be better off getting your snake flavor somewhere else, without crippling yourself mechanically.

Iktus
2013-04-19, 07:30 PM
any suggestions as to where i coul get my serpent flavord elsewhere? i suppose serpentine bloodline sorcerer?

Keneth
2013-04-19, 07:45 PM
The standard serpentine sorcerer is actually pretty great, and both vishkanyas and nagaji have excellent stats for a sorcerer, with vishkanyas being the superior option if you're going for that Orochimaru feel.

I was talking more along the lines of "you don't need class features for flavor", however. It's nice if you can get some appropriate class features, but there's nothing stopping you for from playing a serpent-themed character regardless of class or race.