View Full Version : Chaotic idea: Elixir of Levels - Minor Chaotic Artifact

Pika...
2013-04-19, 07:29 PM
Hehehe....

Jon_Dahl's unique idea makes me think Chaotically. :smallbiggrin:

My version:

Elixir of Levels

Description:
Within a very ornate bottle, itself worth a king's ransom, lies the experiences of great adventurers of ages past drawn to and distilled within the bottle by it's feint magic aura. After a century of slow and quite work the bottle collects within it an ever-shifting in color liquid.

What the greatest influence of experience is gained by consuming the contents of the bottle depending on what the color of the liquid is at the time of drinking it. This also determines the flavor of the liquid.

The color (and flavor!) of the liquid within the bottle shifts in the following pattern, with a six-second delay between shifts:

Color -Class - Flavor:
Pink - Barbarian - Kiwi
Brown - Bard - Chocolate
Blue - Cleric - Blue Berry
Dark Green - Druid - Mint
Red - Fighter - Strawberries
Orange - Monk - Orange
White - Paladin - Sugary Sweet
Silver - Psion - Buttery
Light green - Ranger - Pickles
Yellow - Rogue - Honey
Light Purple - Sorcerer - Grape
Dark Purple - Wizard - Twinkies

Thoughts?

Please let me know what you think!

Arcanist
2013-04-19, 09:39 PM
{table=head] Color |
Class |
Flavor

Gold | Artificer | Black Berry
Pink | Barbarian | Wild Berry
Brown | Bard | Chocolate
Blue | Cleric | Lemon
Dark Green | Druid | Lettuce
Red | Fighter | Apples
Orange | Monk | Orange
White | Paladin | Watermelon
Silver | Psion | Honey
Light green | Ranger | Pickles
Yellow | Rogue | Carrots
Light Purple | Sorcerer | Dragonfruit
Dark Purple | Wizard | Carbonated Water
Lime | Warblade | Lime
Lightblue | Swordsage | Blue Berry
Magenta | Crusader | Cotton Candy
[/table]

Just need to add in Swashbucker, Spellthief, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Archivist, Warmage, Warlock, Wujen, Knight, Duskblade and all those other classes.

Flinn_Furious
2013-04-20, 12:48 AM
Hmmmm. Out of all the things that break a game, this is one of them. Players will kill other players to possess it, especially with no class barrier. I guess it would work really well for a GM tool. Hey here's this magical potion that will make you better than everyone else! Then watch as the annoying character you set up to die, does.

Arcanist
2013-04-20, 12:56 AM
Hmmmm. Out of all the things that break a game, this is one of them. Players will kill other players to possess it, especially with no class barrier. I guess it would work really well for a GM tool. Hey here's this magical potion that will make you better than everyone else! Then watch as the annoying character you set up to die, does.

I'm not sure, how that is the DM's fault. The DM simply drops the item in their world and the players interact with it (however that interaction is) :smallamused:

LordErebus12
2013-04-20, 01:01 AM
{table=head] Color |
Class |
Flavor

Gold | Artificer | Black Berry
Pink | Barbarian | Wild Berry
Brown | Bard | Chocolate
Blue | Cleric | Lemon
Dark Green | Druid | Lettuce
Red | Fighter | Apples
Orange | Monk | Orange
White | Paladin | Watermelon
Silver | Psion | Honey
Light green | Ranger | Pickles
Yellow | Rogue | Carrots
Light Purple | Sorcerer | Dragonfruit
Dark Purple | Wizard | Carbonated Water
Lime | Warblade | Lime
Lightblue | Swordsage | Blue Berry
Magenta | Crusader | Cotton Candy
[/table]

Just need to add in Swashbucker, Spellthief, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Archivist, Warmage, Warlock, Wujen, Knight, Duskblade and all those other classes.

Knight, light Brown in color, tastes like Horse S***
Dread Necromancer, Grey in color, tastes like ash or soil

Pika...
2013-04-20, 07:01 AM

I don't see why it is so game-breaking. It grants 1 level of a random class, and then you need to wait 100 years for the bottle to slowly refill itself.

Now, if I can get my players to free-for-all over that, then I am pleased as a DM. :smallbiggrin: