PDA

View Full Version : Eidolon "Ability Increase" text confusion

Daftendirekt
2013-04-20, 11:19 AM
An eidolon grows larger muscles, gains faster ref lexes, achieves greater intelligence, or acquires another increase to one of its abilities. Increase one of the eidolon’s ability scores by +2. This evolution can be selected more than once. It can only be applied once to an individual ability score, plus 1 additional time for every 6 levels the summoner possesses.

The bolded last segment is where my confusion lies. Does this mean you can only take the evolution at all every 6 levels, and you can never apply it twice to the same score, or does it mean you can take it whenever you want but can't apply it additional times to the same score until level 6, 12, etc?

Slipperychicken
2013-04-20, 11:28 AM
The maximum number of times you can apply it to the same ability score increases.

So an Eidolon could have the evolution applied to Strength once at 1st level, then a second time at 6th, a third time at 12th, and so on.

Each score is tracked separately, so you could apply it to both Strength and Constitution once each at 1st level, then have a second of each at 6th, and so on.

Daftendirekt
2013-04-20, 11:39 AM
That's kind of what I figured, but I wanted a second opinion to make sure I wasn't reading it improperly. Building a summoner right now and I wanted something concrete on this before sticking it in so I wouldn't need to go back and rework a bunch of stuff if I was wrong.

Vknight
2013-04-20, 12:37 PM
The maximum number of times you can apply it to the same ability score increases.

So an Eidolon could have the evolution applied to Strength once at 1st level, then a second time at 6th, a third time at 12th, and so on.

Each score is tracked separately, so you could apply it to both Strength and Constitution once each at 1st level, then have a second of each at 6th, and so on.

Yup that is correct