PDA

View Full Version : You have to corrupt a charmed paladin - 12 days to go

Jon_Dahl
2013-04-20, 02:34 PM
You're in the countryside, it's very peaceful and you have managed to charm a paladin. No one has witnessed this. You have to try to corrupt the paladin before the time runs out and he kills you.

What do you do? Show me your evil creative bone :)

Flickerdart
2013-04-20, 02:36 PM
Atonement, entice him to turn Evil, done. Alternatively, get a Helm of Opposite Alignment and ask him to put on this cool hat you got for him.

Randomguy
2013-04-20, 02:41 PM
You could always Planar Bind a Lilitu and have her do all the work. Tell him that she's an angel, and have her be disguised as one.

Hyena
2013-04-20, 02:43 PM
Knock him out, strap him to the table, start torturing asking for some valuable information. If he tells me the truth, he is associating with me, for which he falls. If he tells me a lie, he falls anyway.

Krobar
2013-04-20, 02:55 PM
I assume he's under MY charm? "Wait here. I'm going to go get my sister. You're going to like her! She's a sweetheart and has a thing for bold knights in armor!"

Then I go gate in a succubus and tell her to hide what she really is, and take "my sister" to go meet my "friend."

She should be able to corrupt him in 12 days.

Flickerdart
2013-04-20, 02:56 PM
Knock him out, strap him to the table, start torturing asking for some valuable information. If he tells me the truth, he is associating with me, for which he falls. If he tells me a lie, he falls anyway.
Not even close to being right.

Telling the truth to someone is not associating, especially under torture. Lying doesn't cause the Paladin to fall, it is merely against the Code (violating which does not cause falling unless it is a serious violation).

Alternatively, the Paladin could remain silent - he is immune to fear, and thus cannot be intimidated even by torture.

Callin
2013-04-20, 02:58 PM
11 days of being brought to the brink of orgasm and then being cooled off... over and over and over every chance you are able to arouse the paladin. Then offer him the deal of release... All he has to do is defy his god. Just once.

not to mention the untold pain in his testicles and pure mental anguish.

Yogibear41
2013-04-20, 03:09 PM
11 days of being brought to the brink of orgasm and then being cooled off... over and over and over every chance you are able to arouse the paladin. Then offer him the deal of release... All he has to do is defy his god. Just once.

not to mention the untold pain in his testicles and pure mental anguish.

You sir are EVIL lol

Also I'm sure the succubus could help too.

ArcturusV
2013-04-20, 11:31 PM
Hmm...

Lots of Sex related stuff. I was thinking of talking him into a "holy" crusade to shut down Sacred Brothels and destroy the Sacred Prostitutes working there as temptresses of evil (And yes, Sacred Brothels and Sacred Prostitutes are official things, and good aligned at that).

So instead I'd probably go the Elven Way. Most settings I've seen and played in? Elves are jerks. Really easily hated jerks. They also tend to have moral superiority because someone wrote "Good" on their foreheads. Fighting against Good is Evil, and thus a Fall. This is the basis of the thought. But if you're dealing with Elves, they're generally jerky enough that it should be easy to talk a charmed guy into it.

ESPECIALLY if you have the usual "holier than thou" and "more aligned to nature" elves. Just look for a perfectly innocent humanoid village near a forest. Elves are jerks and would probably try to protect the "Sacred Forest" by hassling the innocent peasants who are just trying to make a living. Take the Paladin there. Have him witness some Elvish Injustice. Launch him on a Elficide Crusade.

Fyermind
2013-04-20, 11:47 PM
It's easy to play off the conflict between nature and civilization since both sides are often neutral or good. I'd send him to fight fey in defense of the lumberjacks.
Get him to kill a dryad and that should go a long way toward making him fall.

Alternatively convince him that a nymph is a succubus. That should result in hilarity.

Also get him addicted to a drug where you are the only known provider. That should help stop him from killing you for a bit.

Lord Ruby34
2013-04-20, 11:55 PM
I wouldn't bother with the drug, he can probably make the save to resist the temptation and withdrawal stuff. Frankly I'm surprised you managed to charm him at all.

Instead you should get some adventures to come kill you, good aligned ones that he doesn't know. Your his "friend", so he'll have to try and stop them, and blam, he's fighting good guys. The only downside is that you involved other adventures and your plans now have an approximately .003% chance of working. Oh well, you can't have everything.

Sith_Happens
2013-04-20, 11:59 PM
What I want to know is how you got an hour/level spell to last twelve days.

Jon_Dahl
2013-04-21, 12:01 AM
What I want to know is how you got an hour/level spell to last twelve days.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/charmMonster.htm
Caster level is 12.

Scow2
2013-04-21, 12:09 AM
Why wouldn't the Paladin cast Protection from Evil on himself?

I doubt seduction would work - he still has his Detect Evil (And a Paladin should scan everyone - though not always act immediately on that information) and spellcasting abilities, and any ranks in Sense Motive he might have. Even if he doesn't recognize the charm effect, as soon as he casts Protection from Evil on himself for another reason, he's free and aware of the charm effect and will take appropriate, more permanent countermeasures.

Jon_Dahl
2013-04-21, 12:23 AM
Why wouldn't the Paladin cast Protection from Evil on himself?

The paladin was ambushed with charm monster. The paladin is under no threat and the charmer is his "trusted friend and ally". No need for such spells or scannings.

Raven777
2013-04-21, 12:30 AM
The real question is : who would want to have sex with a paladin?

Lord Ruby34
2013-04-21, 12:34 AM
The real question is : who wouldn't want to have sex with a paladin?

I fixed it for. Charisma based classes are fun.

Sith_Happens
2013-04-21, 12:38 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/charmMonster.htm
Caster level is 12.

Whad'ya know, I never noticed that Charm Monster increases the duration.

Krobar
2013-04-21, 08:21 AM
The real question is : who would want to have sex with a paladin?

Every Succubus in the Abyss.

Every Erinyes in Baator.

Sith_Happens
2013-04-21, 08:35 AM
Every Succubus in the Abyss.

Every Erinyes in Baator.

...Provided the Paladin doesn't have Improved Unarmed Strike. Remember, Smite Evil can be performed with any melee weapon, and an unarmed strike can be made with any part of the body.:smallwink:

Krobar
2013-04-21, 09:12 AM
...Provided the Paladin doesn't have Improved Unarmed Strike. Remember, Smite Evil can be performed with any melee weapon, and an unarmed strike can be made with any part of the body.:smallwink:

Maybe they like it rough?

lol.