PDA

View Full Version : What stat to boost

Yogibear41
2013-04-20, 03:05 PM
So I'm currently playing a warlock and I'm about to hit level 4, but I'm not sure which stat I want to boost, I'm leaning a little bit toward Con, but Considering Dex as well for increased to hit and armor class, but eldritch blast being touch attacks im not so sure the +1 to hit will really matter(at level 8 of course). Bumping Int is also a possiblity as I took knowledge devotion.

I'm playing a dwarf and have the following ability scores base:

14 str
18 dex
18 con
18 int
16 wis
10 cha

I'm only going for invocations that don't require a save hince the low cha (besides the shatter one which is just for utility)

Atm I have a mithral breastplate so 20 dex would cap my dex to AC from it, which I could easily get with some +2 gloves.

I am also going to be primarily ranged, until a higher level when my BAB is high enough to make eldritch glaive worth it. (no eldritch claws)

ericgrau
2013-04-20, 03:16 PM
By level 8 attack bonus won't matter much as much as long as you have precise shot. If you don't get precise shot then ya attack bonus will still be relevant for a while and you should get dex. I don't remember the bonuses you get from knowledge devotion but if they are as good as precise shot then that could also make further attack bonus less important.

Sometimes you might need improved precise shot or another +4, but usually you can move to get around cover or switch targets so it's not common. For a focused ray blaster I might still get it eventually, just not at the expense of other key selections.

If you plan on going melee then your secondary attacks could still miss even as touch attacks, so I'd pump strength. Later when you have the money potions of heroism could help too to get your -10 attack to hit.

If you only plan on a little melee, then I suppose con is always good, but your con is already high and it's less essential at range. So anything works.