PDA

View Full Version : Character from a picture.

Tegu8788
2013-04-20, 07:20 PM
Sometimes when surfing the internet, you run across a picture, and you just have to make a character based on that picture. So here is a thread for people to do that.

For me, I just found this.
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/moi_gallery/91039.jpg
Just this.

How can I make this?

Ashdate
2013-04-20, 07:49 PM
Play 3.5, and make sure your DM allows "Magic of Incarnum". Then you want to play a Totemist, and grab Frost Helm and Girallon Arms.

tcrudisi
2013-04-20, 07:53 PM
That screams a few different classes to me.

I can see Shaman, Druid or Warden, mostly. The blue image behind her gives me the impression that she's either summoning her spirit companion or she's currently transforming into something else. Those 3 also have the right fluff to go with the outdoorsy theme.

Badgerish
2013-04-21, 11:37 AM
Warden using a Guardian form.
Barbarian using a Rage.
Druid using Wildshape (and refluffing it hard).
Hexblade with their Pact Weapon (again, refluffed hard).
Monk (fluff focusing on the psionic power source).

Cealocanth
2013-04-21, 04:38 PM
It appears to be a female Shifter Shaman, judging from the feral appearance, tribal garb, and the spirit like form behind her, but that plate armor throws that off.

It could be a hybrid Shaman/Fighter, that would allow for plate armor in this case. Or she could have taken Armor Proficiency: Plate as a feat.

Based on the set of mandibles and the extra arms, though, she could be a Shaman using "Four Armed is Forewarned" where she channels the spirit of a Thri-Kreen for a multi-limbed attack.

Rhaegar14
2013-05-01, 12:01 AM
Play 3.5, and make sure your DM allows "Magic of Incarnum". Then you want to play a Totemist, and grab Frost Helm and Girallon Arms.

This. But, to expand a little bit, that image is directly FROM Magic of Incarnum and pictures a Totemist using those two soulmelds. Knowing a little about the source material might help you to recreate it, though Incarnum generally doesn't translate well into 4e.

neonchameleon
2013-05-01, 07:41 AM
What do those two extra arms actually do? Because the way it looks to me they aren't actually useful in combat. That said I'm going with female shifter vestige-pact warlock with the shaman multiclass feat (multi-spirit-fu!) who's currently using Arms of Hadar.

And that isn't plate armour. Plate armour shouldn't leave arms and legs bare.

Ashdate
2013-05-01, 08:19 AM
In terms of the original fluff...

... the Frost Helm lets you and your equipment survive comfortably in very cold temperatures (up to -50F). It can also potentially give you some cold resistance too. Girallon Arms give you a bonus to climb and grapple checks. Under the fluff, they in no way allow you to hold "extra" items.

Rhaegar14
2013-05-01, 08:14 PM
If you bind Girallon Arms to your totem chakra (something Totemists can do from second level) they give you four claw attacks; two on your regular arms, two on your spiritual arms. I'd argue that if you can slash people with them, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to be able to hold things with them.