PDA

View Full Version : Saw this today

molten_dragon
2013-04-20, 09:39 PM
My wife and I were looking for a copy of the Dresden Files RPG rulebook, and the normal gaming store we go to didn't have one. So we decided to look at another one not too far away before we bought online. As we were walking in the front door, I saw this sign posted, and had to take a picture of it.

http://i38.tinypic.com/22kltl.jpg

No, you really shouldn't have to say that.

Mutant Sheep
2013-04-20, 09:40 PM
Image is a bit big. I'd sugges some cropping or just a link.

Also, that is the most unnecessary sign, right next to "Don't go in the tiger pit".:smalltongue:

JoshL
2013-04-20, 09:52 PM
Shouldn't have to be said, but hopefully enforced. And having done time in retail (not just game shop), it's astounding how often this is an issue.

GnomeFighter
2013-04-21, 03:46 AM
Shouldn't have to but unfortunately do with some gaming stores. Most of us don't live up to the basement dwelling looser, infact quite the opposite, but unfortunately some do...

Traab
2013-04-21, 06:07 PM
As long as it isnt something stupid like cigarette smoke or something I would have no issue with this. I dont smoke, and I dont really like the smell either, but it would be a bit unfair to penalize a smoker by forbidding him from being a part of events because his jacket has that stanky stale smoke smell on it. I mean, even washing it wouldnt do much good, the stench would be back within the first couple smokes.

So yeah, keep it to body odor and clear greasy filth and I support it wholeheartedly.

Jay R
2013-04-22, 10:28 AM
For us it's a comfort issue. For the store, it could easily be a financial one.

There was a gaming store awhile ago - pay a flat fee, come in and play any of the library of games for as long as you want. Among other things, this let you play a game before deciding to buy it.

They had a sign on the counter stating "No children. The management reserves the right to determine who is a child."

I saw several teenagers there with no problem. One baby was a regular visitor.

But one middle-aged customer would whine and complain through each entire game. When the managers saw people step in the door, see that gamer, and leave, they realized that it was costing them money. So that gamer was declared a child and asked to leave.