PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of Magic(Realms Game #24)

GoddessSune
2013-04-20, 09:56 PM
Silverymoon
Silverymoon is a beautiful city that stands south of the ancient trees of the Moonwoods. Home to over 26,000 humans, dwarves, gnomes, elves, half-elves, and halflings, it is often called the Gem of the North. Silverymoon’s considered the North’s center of learning and culture, and its close ties with the Heralds and Harpers, as well as powerful local mages (such as the Mistmaster or the mysterious Shadowcloak), only aid in its reputation as the North’s major seat of knowledge. It’s a happy place where many races dwell together in peace.

The Nevermore family has lived in Silverymoon for generations. Always a family of strong spontaneous spellcasters, with a mixed bloodline from silver dragons and fey. Even with Silverymoon's large amount of learned (memorizing) arcane spellcasters, the Nevermore's have always had a strong presence and place in the city.

Oniricskull
2013-04-22, 08:52 AM
Character Sheet

Azure Nevermore CN Human Wizard 1(Teleporter)

(Standart point buy (15))
Str 8 -1
Dex 12 +1
Con 10 +0
Int 18 20(racial) +5
Wiz 10 +0
Cha 7 -2

AC 10 + 1(Racial Trait Dodge bonus) = 11
AC 15 (Mage armor)

BAB 0
F 0
R 0 + 1 + 1(Racial trait)
W 1 +0

Prohibed schools Enchantment, Illusion

Teleportation School
Associated School: Conjuration.

Replacement Power: The following school power replaces the acid dart power of the conjuration school.

Shift (Su): At 1st level, you can teleport to a nearby space as a swift action as if using dimension door. This movement does not provoke an attack of opportunity. You must be able to see the space that you are moving into. You cannot take other creatures with you when you use this ability (except for familiars). You can move 5 feet for every two wizard levels you possess (minimum 5 feet). You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Intelligence modifier.

Special

Arcane bond, arcane school, cantrips, Scribe Scroll

Skills 2+5+1(favored class)

Spellcraft 1 + 3 + 5 = 9
K. Arcana 1 + 3 + 5 +1= 10
K. History 1 + 3 + 5 = 9
K. Dungeoneering 1 + 3 + 5 = 9
K. Geography 1 + 3 + 5 = 9
K. Planes 1 + 3 + 5 = 9
Linguistics 1 + 3 + 5 = 9
Acrobatics 1 + 3 + 1 = 9

Alternate Racial Traits
Heart of the Streets: Humans from bustling cities are skilled with crowds. They gain a +1 racial bonus on Reflex saves and a +1 dodge bonus to Armor Class when adjacent to at least two other allies. Crowds do not count as difficult terrain for them. This racial trait replaces skilled.

Feats

Rime Spell (Metamagic)
Creatures damaged by your spells with the cold descriptor become entangled.
Benefit: The frost of your cold spell clings to the target, impeding it for a short time. A rime spell causes creatures that takes cold damage from the spell to become entangled for a number of rounds equal to the original level of the spell.
This feat only affects spells with the cold descriptor. A rime spell uses up a spell slot one level higher than the spell's actual level.

Combat Casting

Spells

SPD 3/3+(1 conjuration)

Level 0, Ray of frost, Light, Spark

Level 1, Mage Armor(1), Grease(2), Magic Missil(1)

Traits

Magical Lineage: One of your parents was a gifted spellcaster who not only used metamagic often, but also developed many magical items and perhaps even a new spell or two—and you have inherited a fragment of this greatness. Pick one spell when you choose this trait. When you apply metamagic feats to this spell, treat its actual level as 1 lower for determining the spell's final adjusted level.

Lore Seeker: The secrets of an ancient fallen civilization intrigue you, particularly the magical traditions of its highly mystical culture. You've studied magic intensely, and hope to increase that knowledge by adding ancient lore. You've come to the region to pursue that study, and chose the town as your base because it was out of the way of bigger cities—meaning less competition to study the ancient monuments in the region, you hope! You gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge (arcana) checks, and Knowledge (arcana) is a class skill for you. If you cast arcane spells, pick three spells on your spell list. You are particularly adept at casting these spells, so they function at +1 caster level when you cast them, and their save DCs (if any) gain a +1 bonus. (I’ll choose them later)

Languages

Common, Undercommon, Draconic, Drow, Elven, Dwarven, Orc

Bonded Item

Amulet

Equipment
Value 66.1
Weight 28 lb
Carrying capacity: Light load 30 lbs. or less

Bonded Amulet.
Traveler's outfit 1 gp 5 lbs.1
Spell component pouch 5 gp 2 lbs.
Backpack, masterwork 50 gp 4 lbs.1 (Carrying capacity +1)
Bedroll 1 sp 5 lbs.1
Waterskin 1 gp 4 lbs.1
Rations, trail (per day) 5 sp (x8) 8lb.

Gold 3.9

Where am I? What time is it?

GoddessSune
2013-04-29, 02:27 PM
Welcome Back! (I hope)

Oniricskull
2013-04-29, 02:56 PM
I'm back. Where am I?

GoddessSune
2013-04-29, 03:51 PM
I mean the Fourms

It is a typical morning at the Nevermore family villa. You'd start off simply enough in your bed room. Having just completed your wizard training days ago. So you can now work magic....that your whole family could at birth.

Out side it is a normal spring day....sunny, warm and cloudless sky.

Oniricskull
2013-04-29, 04:57 PM
Azure thinks after preparing his spells: Now that I finished my wizard training, I better start by travelling the world. I know this is a very dangerous world so I better find out where is safe enough not to die and also not so boring.

Azure goes to a library if there is one to find out about where to go.

Knowledge history and/or geography to know what relatively not so dangerous places can I travel to.

[roll0]

GoddessSune
2013-04-30, 10:12 AM
Silverymoon is full of libraries. The biggest is the Vault of Sages, but you need only go to the Travel Tower. Run by a small family of gnomes, they are very helpful in preparing to travel and maps.

Silverymoon sits on the edge of the Wilderness. The Savage North is all around, and no way is really all that safe.

North-The flat lands are full of farms and homesteads, so is patrolled somewhat until the Moonwood. The Moonwood itself is mostly avoided as it is full of unfriendly fey and werecreatures, but folks hunt and trap on the borders by day.

East-Takes you through the Nether Mountains, full of monsters, but heavily patrolled. To Sundabar, a small city, then it's pure wilderness and eventualy the great desert.

South-Takes you to the Silverwood and the city of Everlund(the 'sister' city of Silverymoon). Patrolled and full of folks and friendly fey. Until the High Forest, a deep, old and unknown forest.

West-Is towards the Sword Coast and 'Civilization', at least once you are past the Evermoors. The Evermoors are a rough broken land full of monsters and humanoids, like trolls. The trade routes west simply take huge wide circles around it.

Oniricskull
2013-04-30, 04:00 PM
Azure takes a quick breakfast and then goes to the Travel Tower. He enters the tower saying "Good day, I'm looking for an updated map of this region, can somebody help me please?"

GoddessSune
2013-04-30, 06:39 PM
"Well met, well met, I'm Nilfroln Minglemap!" Says a young gnome dressed in light gray and brown clothing and a large pair of glasses on his large nose, who moves over to you even as you take one step into the Travel Tower.

"Well met! Well met! Are you looking for a map? Planning a trip? Out to travel? You have come to the right place."

The Travel Tower is a large stone tower near the western gate of Silverymoon, the Moorgate. The main shop floor is a gigantic mess of maps, scrolls and books of all types. Dozens of gnomes move about the mess helping customers, or doing who knows what.

Oniricskull
2013-05-02, 04:11 PM
Kind of distracted by all the items and decorations of the place, Azure answers without making eye contact "Hi, I would like to have a good map of the region. How much would that be?"

GoddessSune
2013-05-02, 04:44 PM
Nilfroln Minglemap"A good map? Why all of our maps are good! Ah, but a map of the region? How far? How much detail? They effect cost. Where are you going? Planing a trip? Or might you be seeking treasure? Maybe want to buy a treasure map?"

GoddessSune
2013-05-06, 05:03 PM
The clouds above part, and bright sunshine falls over the city of Silverymoon.......

Oniricskull
2013-05-10, 02:05 PM
A treasure map! :) I would love to buy a treasure map as long as it leads to real treasure you know.

OOC:Sorry for the delay, I had a hard week. :(. And thanks for mastering.

GoddessSune
2013-05-13, 10:27 AM
It's Ok

Nilfroln Minglemap"Of course my maps are real. Would not be in business long if I sold fake maps. That is more of a sneaky thing that a human or dwarf might do, but not a gnome."

He holds up a scroll that 'pops' into his fingers from nowhere.

"Just got this one in. A map to a lost manor vault. Filled with treasure. What do you say?"

Oniricskull
2013-05-13, 12:23 PM
How much for that one?

GoddessSune
2013-05-13, 08:44 PM
Nilfroln Minglemap "You my friend have come at a good time. It just so happens that i need some quick coin. So I can let this map go for just fifty gold coins."

Oniricskull
2013-05-14, 01:47 PM
Oh, I don't have that amount of gold. :(

GoddessSune
2013-05-14, 04:41 PM
Nilfroln Minglemap"Well, mayhap you have something of value to trade? Anything?

Oniricskull
2013-05-16, 06:19 PM
Nothing. Meybe we can come up with some sort of mutually beneficial deal. What if I recover the treasure and give you 50%.?

GoddessSune
2013-05-16, 08:42 PM
Nilfroln Minglemap "What a good idea!"

Nilfroln snaps his fingers and a scroll appears. He unrolls it and it is blank.He says a chant over the blank scroll and it fills with words. He then shows it to you :We agree to split the treasure, from the treasure map to the Velledun Vault in half(50/50). He snaps his fingers and a feather quill appares and he sings his name at the bottom, then holds the quill out to you.

Oniricskull
2013-05-20, 05:43 PM
Azure sings the scroll.

Ok where is that map?

GoddessSune
2013-05-20, 08:03 PM
Nilfroln Minglemap "Here you go," as he hands you the map. It's a well drawn map with lots of landmarks and a nice 'x'.

"If you'd like...I can send my nephew and two mules along"

Oniricskull
2013-05-21, 06:22 PM
That sounds great. I want to go as soon as posible. ::> :smallsmile:

GoddessSune
2013-05-21, 10:43 PM
Nilfroln Minglemap "It will only take him an hour to get ready."

You can simply wait, and after an hour, Nifroln introduces you to a younger gnome. "This is my nephew, Nodglem. All ready to go."

Oniricskull
2013-05-23, 05:43 PM
Nice to meet you. Lets go

Azure looks at the map and goes to where it points :)

GoddessSune
2013-05-24, 08:19 PM
Nodglem Minglemap greets you happily and follows you outside of the city. The crowds and noise of city life fade to be replaced by the emptiness and noise of farms. Silverymoon is surrounded by huge, high, thick stone walls, with a couple of large wooden gates and doors. A couple farms, stables and such hug the outer wall and a couple are farther out. But after walking just an hour, your in 'true wilderness' with no person made structures around, and plenty of wildlife.

And the map leads you on further, through a field of very high grass, around a large flat boulder, and onward. It's a couple hours later (About 1 pm) when you finally get to the 'x' spot.....a pile of stone rubble in the field.