PDA

View Full Version : Incantatrix/Io7v question.

Szarlet
2013-04-20, 10:08 PM
What spell level does the veils count for when ur trying to persist them with the Incantatrix class ability ? Its not really a problem for me to do it i was just wondering what the exact DC was.

Thanks for the help.

JoshuaZ
2013-04-20, 10:17 PM
What spell level does the veils count for when ur trying to persist them with the Incantatrix class ability ? Its not really a problem for me to do it i was just wondering what the exact DC was.

Thanks for the help.

I don't have my books with me, but I don't think this is doable. Incantatrix lets you apply metamagic to spells, not spell like abilities. Veils are spell like abilities.

Cruiser1
2013-04-21, 12:50 AM
Incantatrix lets you apply metamagic to spells, not spell like abilities. Veils are spell like abilities.
That's true for the Incantatrix level 2 Cooperative Metamagic ability, which allows you to apply metamagic "to a spell being cast by a willing allied spellcaster". However the Incantatrix level 3 Metamagic Effect ability lets you apply metamagic "to a persistent spell effect that is already in place". Most interpret "spell effect" to mean a cast spell or a cast spell-like ability.

Considering Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil, note that all spell-like abilities have a spell level. Each veil is equivalent to a spell of a particular spell level. They are: Red=4th, Orange=5th, Yellow-Blue=6th, Indigo=7th, Violet=8th. Persisting a Warding with a Violet veil with Incantatrix is the same Spellcraft DC as persisting an 8th level spell, which is 18+((8+6)x3) = DC 60.

Szarlet
2013-04-21, 08:23 AM
That's true for the Incantatrix level 2 Cooperative Metamagic ability, which allows you to apply metamagic "to a spell being cast by a willing allied spellcaster". However the Incantatrix level 3 Metamagic Effect ability lets you apply metamagic "to a persistent spell effect that is already in place". Most interpret "spell effect" to mean a cast spell or a cast spell-like ability.

Considering Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil, note that all spell-like abilities have a spell level. Each veil is equivalent to a spell of a particular spell level. They are: Red=4th, Orange=5th, Yellow-Blue=6th, Indigo=7th, Violet=8th. Persisting a Warding with a Violet veil with Incantatrix is the same Spellcraft DC as persisting an 8th level spell, which is 18+((8+6)x3) = DC 60.

Aye that was what i ment, sorry for being unclear. Thanks for the quick apply. Where do you find those spell levels since there is no spell which does the same as the veils does?

Bakeru
2013-04-21, 08:38 AM
In Complete Arcana, each veil description ends with "A warding with this veil is the equivalent of an x-th level spell".

Szarlet
2013-04-21, 08:44 AM
Nice one. I must have missed that completly. Thanks alot for the help.