PDA

View Full Version : Drakes in Ebberon

Madara
2013-04-21, 10:25 AM
So, one of my players is seeking to play a half-dragon/dragonblooded character in Ebberon. I said it was fine, but warned him that he would have to lay low, because the Dragons would see him as an abomination to be destroyed.

The player is trying to avoid this in-character penalty by arguing against the setting fluff. I talked him down by referencing page 44 of PGtE, which straight up says that Dragons will kill half-breeds on-sight. Now, he's trying to be decended from a Drake, arguing that Dragons see Drakes as lesser creatures, and "The mating of two lesser creatures would not be an abomination to the Dragons, I.E. Half-Elves and Minitaurs."

So my question to you is, where do Drakes come in? Would the Dragons hunt down a Half-Drake?(If of course, the player started to gather attention, I'm not that cruel :smallwink: )

Regitnui
2013-04-21, 11:16 AM
First off, it doesn't look like drakes can mate with anything else the way dragons can. So there's one strike.

Secondly, I'd like to think that drakes would be native to Argonnessen, kept as pets by larger dragons. The dragons would, I imagine, treat them like we'd treat small dogs.

And thirdly, by the time you reach level 5 in Eberron, you are a notable personality. Feel free to start flinging assassins at him from then on.

Inferno
2013-04-21, 11:23 AM
If you really did like the Drake descended "solution" I'd say lower the LA, drop the breath weapon. Wouldn't want the dragons to seem lenient in an Eberron game if he's a proper half dragon, he might as well have the mark of death. Stuff is gonna want him murdered.

Madara
2013-04-21, 11:45 AM
First off, it doesn't look like drakes can mate with anything else the way dragons can. So there's one strike.

Secondly, I'd like to think that drakes would be native to Argonnessen, kept as pets by larger dragons. The dragons would, I imagine, treat them like we'd treat small dogs.

And thirdly, by the time you reach level 5 in Eberron, you are a notable personality. Feel free to start flinging assassins at him from then on.

Wow, I can't believe I missed that. :smallredface:
Makes enough sense, he retired his argument for now, but this is gonna take awhile. He wants a silverbrow human, which I think would probably be from one of the tribes on Argonnessen?

Big Fau
2013-04-21, 12:11 PM
Wow, I can't believe I missed that. :smallredface:
Makes enough sense, he retired his argument for now, but this is gonna take awhile. He wants a silverbrow human, which I think would probably be from one of the tribes on Argonnessen?

Unfortunately Dragon Magic doesn't say anything about Silverbrow in Eberron. Races of the Dragon, however, does have a section on adapting Dragonborn of Bahamut to an Eberron game.

JadePhoenix
2013-04-21, 12:25 PM
Dragons of Eberron covers some of these. Considering some dragons have a half-dragon form (from a feat in that book), the character could maybe Bluff dragons into thinking he is a dragon himself.

Regitnui
2013-04-21, 12:38 PM
Then the dragon would almost certainly come after him if he succeeded enough. Why not have him start as a bard/sorceror and follow the Dragon Disciple prestige class later on?