PDA

View Full Version : Inventing warforged

CIDE
2013-04-21, 12:13 PM
Alright, so a homebrew world I have a campaign in has no warforged. There are "prototypes" according to the DM but the implication is that the players kind of need to be the ones to do it.

So, I was thinking I'd focus one of my next characters on that specifically with Artificer/Renegade Mastermaker (the second class he approved for non-warforged construct components).

So, any suggestions? Any books that go into further details about accomplishing this mechanically? The forges, etc? I know there's rules (never read then) for infusing elementals into stuff in Eberron. I also mentioned it in another thread but what about ghosts as well?

Urpriest
2013-04-21, 12:18 PM
Ghosts would be a bit weird, since (except for the Woeforged) they don't really have a possessed-undead theme. I could see warforged being something of an outgrowth of elemental binding (rules for that are in ECS and in Magic of Eberron), but more likely they're their own novel intelligences. You might look at Awaken Construct for inspiration, but it's very much a "put a brain in a construct" themed spell.

There aren't any rules out there for the forges, because it's supposed to be something out of the reach of PCs. If your DM is expecting you guys to invent warforged yourselves, they've probably already got something planned.

I may be wrong about this, but I think there are hints in Eberron that Cannith didn't so much invent warforged as copy them from Xen'drik tech.

Flickerdart
2013-04-21, 12:19 PM
There's a feat in one of the Dragon mags (Rudimentary Intelligence) that allows you to create intelligent constructs. While they're not living constructs, it's still one step closer.