PDA

View Full Version : question on retraining

pyromanser244
2013-04-21, 01:56 PM
I didn't see a ruling on this in the PHB2 so I'll ask here.
if I take a feat as a prerec for a PrC and then retrain it what happens? do I loose class features? or can I just not take more of the class? or can I not retrain that at all?

Crake
2013-04-21, 02:41 PM
It depends on the PrC. Some PrC require that you maintain the pre-reqs at all times and this will be noted in the start of the PrC section in the book (i believe the ones from complete warrior and complete arcane require pre-reqs be met at all times). For these classes, losing a pre-req means losing the class features irreversibly except via dm fiat. Otherwise if you no longer meet the PrC pre-reqs you simply cannot advance in the PrC until you regain the pre-reqs

Yael
2013-04-21, 03:00 PM
If you do not met the prerequisites you lose your class features, anything (except for proficiencies, BAB and Saves, if I recall correctly). You regain them if you meet again the prereqs.

pyromanser244
2013-04-21, 03:55 PM
if it matters I'm playing a barbarian / fist of the forest. I'd like to trade in great fortitude for extra rage (for obvious reasons). I've already got all I really care about from FotF.

so which is it?