PDA

View Full Version : Elementals adjusting appearance?

DrkMagusX
2013-04-21, 02:08 PM
I was thinking of taking a druid with the elemental companion instead of the animal. I was gonna chose a earth elemental and name him pebble. What I was curious about was can the elemental alter its own appearance to look like a four leg elemental vs a humanoid one. I was thinking of doing a arcane hierophant and also was unsure if that would work with a elemental campanian as a lot of it says animal companion. If it worked the elemental would get a boost in intelligence and could speak. Would the higher int allow it to reform itself? I think it be cool to ride on a medium earth elemental shape like a wolf. The might fall under a homebrew adjustment for the character. O btw if it turns into a animal like a wolf could it have a bite vs a slam? The character in question would look to the elemental like a protecter or guardian and a friend.

Slipperychicken
2013-04-21, 02:20 PM
That actually sounds super badass. It's not RAW, but it is Rule of Cool.

It would make sense to let you fluff the slam as a bite, but use the same stats. Riding the elemental seems like it wouldn't exactly break the game. As long as things don't get out of control, and the appearance is just a fluff thing.

DrkMagusX
2013-04-21, 05:06 PM
I was thinking about using a changling from eberron races. Arcane hierophant seems agood choice . We have plenty of combat characters so I wanted to be a support with backup healing. The AH class will give me spells on wiz and druid as well as keep my elemental companion up to par with things. His intel will increase from a 4 to a 7 or 8. I will also have minor use of wildshape. Thought about doing both arc hiero and master of many forms but that spreads too thin I believe. I chose changeling cause they can be the perfect spy for utility. I may change it over to something else . Basicly the elemental will be with the character since childhood. We play in forgotten realms currently.