PDA

View Full Version : Multiheaded template unusable for players?

CyberThread
2013-04-21, 05:03 PM
A medium creature, gets the ability to use one extra head, on whatever race it chooses, but if am reading ti right, it adds +2 HD and +2 LA would that make it have overall 4 LA ?

Snowbluff
2013-04-21, 05:09 PM
A medium creature, gets the ability to use one extra head, on whatever race it chooses, but if am reading ti right, it adds +2 HD and +2 LA would that make it have overall 4 LA ?

Yeah, the 4 "adjustment" cost is kind of a lot. I prefer Insectile.

CyberThread
2013-04-21, 05:26 PM
Well if you were going for a brute character anyways, would the Superior Two-Weapon Fighting be worth 2 LA , without going through all the two weapon fighting feat tree.

Snowbluff
2013-04-21, 05:28 PM
Well if you were going for a brute character anyways, would the Superior Two-Weapon Fighting be worth 2 LA , without going through all the two weapon fighting feat tree.

I would say it would be worth the 2 LA, but I am not sure if it is worth the 2 HD as well.

CyberThread
2013-04-21, 05:30 PM
Guess depends on what type of HD you are doing, and if you get feats or qualities on the HD raise based on the type you are.

Snowbluff
2013-04-21, 05:33 PM
Guess depends on what type of HD you are doing, and if you get feats or qualities on the HD raise based on the type you are.

Yeah, I guess. Rocking a good type certainly would help mitigate the cost. Then again, we don't take levels in monk and say "Well, I am glad I got 3 good saves in here."

CyberThread
2013-04-21, 05:38 PM
True, either way you would still get 1 BAB , and deepndong if you are fey you would get 12 skill points and if aberriation 4 skill points .

dragonwrought kobold would get a bunch of stuff

Zombulian
2013-04-22, 12:47 AM
True, either way you would still get 1 BAB , and deepndong if you are fey you would get 12 skill points and if aberriation 4 skill points .

dragonwrought kobold would get a bunch of stuff

Outsider is a *pretty* useful type. Believe it or not there are a bunch of LA +0 Outsiders.

Venger
2013-04-22, 02:45 AM
Outsider is a *pretty* useful type. Believe it or not there are a bunch of LA +0 Outsiders.

what is there besides neraph and those 3 or 4 races that qualify for the otherworldly feat? (illuskan, deep immaskari and one or two others iirc)

Zombulian
2013-04-22, 08:57 AM
what is there besides neraph and those 3 or 4 races that qualify for the otherworldly feat? (illuskan, deep immaskari and one or two others iirc)

Hmm I can only think of Glimmerfolk off the top of my head.

Venger
2013-04-22, 11:03 AM
Hmm I can only think of Glimmerfolk off the top of my head.

true, but they are from dragon magazine, which is sometimes difficult to get approved by DMs in practice.

Snowbluff
2013-04-22, 11:05 AM
I'd still rather be the victim of a Wight attack than sit around with dead HD in my build.

Since your player creature has more than 1 RHD (Probably), does that mean you can't replace the first HD with a character class?