PDA

View Full Version : Item creation

Immabozo
2013-04-21, 05:06 PM
I swear there was something I saw a while back about, if you put certain modifiers on a magic item, it lowers the cost (like usably only by minotaurs, usably only by me, usable only with a DC 25 fort save, or whatever) Does anybody know what I mean or where I can find it?

Arael666
2013-04-21, 06:13 PM
Dungeon Master's Guide, pg 282.

By RAW, you should reduce the cost os magic item by a % if it need some special activation. 20% if it's required a specific skill and 30% if it's required a specific class or alignment.

I never allow players to use that. It is clearly a tool intended for DM's, so that he can introduce a suder duper magic mace/sword/iconic_weapon in a way that only the LG cleric/paladin/self-righteous_condescending_bastard can use.

Immabozo
2013-04-21, 06:21 PM
Dungeon Master's Guide, pg 282.

By RAW, you should reduce the cost os magic item by a % if it need some special activation. 20% if it's required a specific skill and 30% if it's required a specific class or alignment.

I never allow players to use that. It is clearly a tool intended for DM's, so that he can introduce a suder duper magic mace/sword/iconic_weapon in a way that only the LG cleric/paladin/self-righteous_condescending_bastard can use.

Thank you and you are right. I'll pass it by my DM.

137beth
2013-04-21, 07:22 PM
Thank you and you are right. I'll pass it by my DM.

The same DM who let's other players do anything because they say they are awesome but goes out of his way to make things hard for you:smallconfused:?

Immabozo
2013-04-21, 07:49 PM
The same DM who let's other players do anything because they say they are awesome but goes out of his way to make things hard for you:smallconfused:?

I had this thought and let it pass. I have to decide it I want to say "screw you" and do it anyway, but that is going beyond the limit and I doubt I want to do it. But it's RAW legal, which might be enough. I'll have to ponder things.