PDA

View Full Version : Please help build a level 4 character for Pathfinder!

metabolicjosh
2013-04-21, 06:50 PM
I am open to any character types. I prefer a character who feels powerful but isn't game breaking.

Rules: Core only, no classes that require learned magic (wizard, cleric)

Please help, specify each level up to 4. Stats will be rolled with the DM during creation. I am new to pathfinder and want a good starter character

The Boz
2013-04-21, 06:55 PM
Paladin and Ranger are solid, versatile starts. Would you be interested in one of those?
Do you prefer heavier or lighter armor? Ranged combat or melee?

Urpriest
2013-04-21, 06:57 PM
Pathfinder's Barbarian is also pretty solid, though I don't know how much of that depends on Ultimate Combat material...honestly, Core-only is a pretty rare requirement in PF, given how often people use the SRD rather than the books.

Procyonpi
2013-04-21, 07:01 PM
Barbarians are probably some of the most fun non-magic users to play.

Also, there's always the chain trip fighter build.

metabolicjosh
2013-04-21, 07:05 PM
I was reading barbarian while waiting, it's quite good. I was thinking of making a barbarian who has spiked gauntlets

metabolicjosh
2013-04-21, 07:10 PM
However I really really want to use two chakrams! Can you guys make this happen?

Xerxus
2013-04-22, 01:31 AM
Human Fighter 4

Needs high str, 15 dex, high con, nothing else.

Feats:

1st: two weapon fighting, quick draw, double slice
2nd: deadly aim
3rd: weapon focus
4th: weapon spec

Throw both chakram using deadly aim, rinse and repeat. Also wear a full plate, no problem since you have armor training.

Assuming 16 strength 15 dexterity, this gives you +5/+5 1d8+9 damage. You might want to upgrade that to hit with +1 returning chakram asap. Later focus on point blank shot etc.

Blyte
2013-04-22, 10:11 AM
gnome
heavens oracle4
worshipper (pharasma)

feats
1 fey foundling
3 effortless trickery

revalations
1 awesome display
3 rainbow bridge

level 1 spells
color spray (bonus)
cure light wounds (bonus)
divine favor
magic weapon
shield of faith

level 2 spells
hypnotic pattern (bonus)
cure moderate (bonus)
defending bone

make thy enemies taste the rainbow.

Slipperychicken
2013-04-22, 11:58 AM
Goblin Ranger4
Abilities: Dex>Str>Con>Wis>Int>Cha.
Beastmaster Archetype (select a Giant Wasp, Roc, or Dire Bat to ride. If flying mounts are banned, pick Pony or Kangaroo)
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot (combat style). Taking Deadly Aim next level will boost your damage.
Use a ranged weapon which adds your Strength to damage (my suggestion is a +1 Composite Longbow, but a Chakram could work too), and wear either a Breastplate, or Chain Shirt+Armored Kilt, depending on how high your Dex is. Also get a military saddle for the +2 Ride checks.

This build gives you maneuverability, decent AC (should be at least 18-20), long range, competent archery and has huge potential to harass and skirmish. Using your flight and the fact that you can make full attacks while your mount moves, you can make sure you're almost never in harm's way, but still pumping out deadly arrows. You'll want to look up mounted combat rules so you know all the tricks you can pull mounted (double-damage Lance charges, using the mount as cover, swift mount, etc). You can ride your mount inside because it's Medium sized, which is also a plus. Flight can be a huge advantage, allowing you to ignore most melee critters and bypass many obstacles with ease.

This build also gives you the standard Ranger stuff like Favored Enemy, Spellcasting, and skillpoints so you can do noncombat stuff like operate CLW Wands (you can use wands of any spell on your class list, even if you can't cast it yet), know things (highly recommend Knowledge [Dungeoneering]), and track people.