PDA

View Full Version : Will Ferrell and Emma Thompson should get Oscar NOMS!

BlueWizard
2006-11-23, 04:11 AM
Please spread the word and watch Stranger than Fiction! I loved the movie, and so rarely comedies are noticed in the Oscar awards, but SERIOUSLY! This has Hoffman, Thompson, and Latifah, all three already with Oscars. Comedy to Drama, and all in between! VERY ENJOYABLE and I believe for all writers or people who enjoy a little fantasy in their everyday life!

McBish
2006-11-24, 11:15 PM
Very enjoyable movie indeed. Who else thought Crick was a lot like Arthur Dent, and the whole wristwatch thing was a referance to Hitchhikers Guide?

BlueWizard
2006-11-26, 12:01 AM
Thanks for reminding me, I actually did think of it!

Mr._Wilson
2006-11-28, 01:18 AM
I also enjoyed this movie. I left the movie not exactly happy with the ending, but I've mellowed on it a bit since then. Besides that, it was a great movie.

BlueWizard
2006-11-28, 07:19 AM
Yeah, that is true about the ending... but DeNiro's Character in the movie called it. With the ending the movie gave it was good, if it had been the other it would've been that much more powerful as a statement.

Max_Sinister
2006-12-01, 06:50 PM
I'm from Europe, didn't hear yet about that movie, but sounds interesting.

Om
2006-12-01, 07:54 PM
I just saw an ad for it today. I might be interesting seeing Farrell play someone other than the American Idiot.

McDeath
2006-12-03, 06:22 PM
Every film I have ever seen Ferrell or Latifah in has been an affront to all average or better movies. It might be good, but there is no way I am taking that chance. Nuh-uh. I'm not curious enough.