PDA

View Full Version : Fate/Stay Night's Rider as a Class

KrimsonNekros
2013-04-21, 09:12 PM
I've been playing Fate/stay night lately and I'm interested in playing a class similar to Rider's in a 3.5 Game. She seems to be something of a cross between a Rogue and Scout, but I'd like to get other people's advice on what class, or classes i should go for including prestige classes. I've got my stats rolled per my DM's rulings and I'm allowed up to a +2 LA for my class, but I'd like to not exceed a +1 LA. I'm also allowed to use any class from the books, here on GITP, or the DanDWiki.

Str 09
Dex 17
Con 16
Int 16
Wis 10
Cha 15

Zombulian
2013-04-22, 12:44 AM
Swift Hunter Ranger?
I'm not familiar with Fate, but Rogue/Scout is done pretty well with this.

Arbane
2013-04-22, 02:59 AM
That could be pretty tough. I'm guessing

Medusa

is more than a +2 level-adjustment.

KrimsonNekros
2013-04-22, 03:21 AM
That could be pretty tough. I'm guessing

Medusa

is more than a +2 level-adjustment.

Yep. I know I'm not going to be using her race. Probably a good thing since I don't want to be watching over my shoulder for goodie shoes all say. That point aside, I'm not trying to make Rider, just the insanity of what she can do to have some fun.

DMVerdandi
2013-04-22, 04:19 AM
I've been playing Fate/stay night lately and I'm interested in playing a class similar to Rider's in a 3.5 Game. She seems to be something of a cross between a Rogue and Scout, but I'd like to get other people's advice on what class, or classes i should go for including prestige classes. I've got my stats rolled per my DM's rulings and I'm allowed up to a +2 LA for my class, but I'd like to not exceed a +1 LA. I'm also allowed to use any class from the books, here on GITP, or the DanDWiki.

Str 09
Dex 17
Con 16
Int 16
Wis 10
Cha 15

Rider definitely is closer to a caster than anything else. She uses mystic eyes, summons a pegasus, uses blud fort andromeda, and other ancient thaumaturgies, and has those magic nails that she crafted.

She simply is a rider because of pegasus. However, everything points to her being a high level spellcaster.

I would make her a Spellcaster from the SRD, and give her the handle animal and ride skills. I would also give her the Ocular Spell Metamagic feat, spells like master cavalier, and maybe a few divination spells. DEFINITELY have buffs, as servants can burn mana for increased physical stats. Seeking perfection + Divine Power = HOLY SMOKES.

Possibly make a feat that erases spells known, but allows spells to be gained only by research. It is pretty universally known that Sorcerer spells known simply isn't enough in the long run, and requires system mastery like no other.
Have an experience cost to learning spells as well (Ala Erudite), and suddenly, you have rider.

Darius Kane
2013-04-22, 07:48 AM
Druid. hdghdh