PDA

View Full Version : want help with characture creation

Kudaj
2013-04-21, 09:57 PM
ok so im joining a new campaign and its gonna be geshtalt. the gm has said no level adjustments. im trying to find a guy whos gunna screw with the gm as much as possible. :P

my group has so far rolled a hexblade - fighter, a soccerer - shugenja, and a scout - fighter.

i dont want anything with to much upkeep ie cleric and wizard and the gm has banned the entire book of "spell compendium" and "magic item compendium."

any insight would help.
thanks =D

The Grue
2013-04-21, 10:24 PM
Well, when creating a caricature it helps to know who/what you're basing it off. Any ideas there?

...oh, did you mean "character?" :smalltongue:

Factotum is usually a solid choice to mess with an unprepared GM. Though I should warn you that if your stated intent is to "screw with the GM", this might end up being a short and/or joyless campaign. Try ganking in WoW instead if you just want to make someone's hobby less fun.

Chaosvii7
2013-04-21, 10:27 PM
im trying to find a guy whos gunna screw with the gm as much as possible.

I have a strong urge to not help people who say this. Why, pray tell, do you seek to create a character solely for wishing ill will upon the DM? Because you've said nothing on the matter, I assume he's done nothing to deserve it and you're just trying to make him suffer just for the fun of it, which is something I cannot personally advocate.

Verte
2013-04-21, 10:46 PM
Well, you could always try a warrior/commoner. He or she could masterfully use rope, keep several pigs, sheep, or goats, and if intelligent enough, could both listen and spot! Plus you get proficiency with all simple and martial weapons, in addition to all armor and shields! Not only that, commoners' saves are all equally good! But really, the best part is being a goatherd who can hit things with a sword and wear armor. Your DM will be so confused, he won't know how to fit the campaign around your character.

Or, you know, you could just try working with the rest of the party and your DM.

Kudaj
2013-04-21, 11:50 PM
well i can tell you he's been playing dnd 3.5 for a very long time. i dont really mean to screw with him in a first night game ender way but make my characture so tough to deal with that he gets frustrated. like the last geshtult guy i made was a fighter psychic warrior. he was a goliath and had a spiked chain with all the improved trip, sunder and stuff like that. at level 12 i had 6 op attacks and controlled about 7 guys just by myself. i would like it to be something like that but i dont really care if its a caster or a melle or ranger. although i have never done a ranger.

The Grue
2013-04-22, 01:21 AM
Why would you want to frustrate your GM?

Moreover, why do you think that deliberately frustrating your GM isn't going to end the game prematurely?

Kudaj
2013-04-22, 03:06 AM
well for one i know the guy pretty well and he wont stop the game just cuz hes frustrated. he will figure out ways to shut me down. second the guy playing the soccerer shugenja is going to be a bigger problem then me. that is if i dont get inspiration from here.

Grayson01
2013-04-22, 08:56 AM
Go duskblade ranger(two-weapon fight with a Thikri double Polarm) or go Duskblade full levels/ ranger till 6th level the. PRC arcane archer. Sounds crazy I know but I played a Duskblade arcane archer that was EPIC!!!! Take as your bow a ElvenCraft longbow so you can threaten squares and deal melee damage. All though thinking about it a Duskblade 6 arcane archer/wizard full would give an awesome amount of spells to smash with!

ok so im joining a new campaign and its gonna be geshtalt. the gm has said no level adjustments. im trying to find a guy whos gunna screw with the gm as much as possible. :P

my group has so far rolled a hexblade - fighter, a soccerer - shugenja, and a scout - fighter.

i dont want anything with to much upkeep ie cleric and wizard and the gm has banned the entire book of "spell compendium" and "magic item compendium."

any insight would help.
thanks =D

dantiesilva
2013-04-22, 09:28 AM
One side barbarian fun (Barbarian/Berserker/frienzed berserker/Bear warrior/Runescared berserker) the other side whatever makes you happy, Cleric for strength domain and destruction domain, or war. No other reason. Eventually just run around in an AMf killing everything in a 10 mile swath. The way to counter it is easy enough as well, you only have the ability to go on a killing spree 1/day. Thats why you have the cleric half. No need to cast spells all the time or even care that much about your spells, as long as you can keep yourself alive as well as the party at then end of the day it is a good day. Factorum would just be over kill with this build....

FleshrakerAbuse
2013-04-22, 09:44 AM
... you want to mess with the DM... for fun (with his consent) or not?
Seriously, as stated, trying to get "shut down" is not a good goal.

But, if you're just trying to look out for cheesy builds... they have been stated.

Cleric actually isn't hard to play; upkeep is really easy. If you want cheesy, do a persisted DMM (greater vigor or divine power or righteous might). Combine it with (as stated, beserkers work) or a crusader (crusader's stance is cheesy) or a warblade (combo them).

dantiesilva
2013-04-22, 09:57 AM
Crusader is much easier mind you. My build is feat starved from the beginning and has no room for DMM.

Arc_knight25
2013-04-22, 10:04 AM
To help out the group. I would have to go with Favoured Soul/Rogue or Favoured Soul/Barbarian. If you want to be a great healer/buffer Favoured Soul/Cleric. Really anything with Favoured Soul. Good saves, spontaneous casting of divine spells, heavy armour, sheilds as well as a martial weapon from the deity that smiles upon you and a couple of nice perks as you level.