PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Disciple Fix - WIP

Vaz
2013-04-22, 08:39 AM
I'll unspoiler when I've finished. Essentially, I want to give this Prestige Class back some power. It is intended to be split into 2 distinct parts; a 5 level build, which is heavily front loaded, while also providing a powerful capstone.

I have intentionally made it so that Dragons and True Dragons can enter, as well as allowing characters who've already entered this prestige class can do so again; provided they have the history within their bloodline; i.e a Green Dragon can become a Dragon Disciple, but it must be of a non-Green Dragon. A Blue Dragon Disciple can take levels in Silver Dragon Disciple if he so wishes and has the Draconic Heritage (Silver).

My intentions for the class include;

- According to Dragon, advance previous entry Spellcasting, Psionics, or Meldshaping
- According to Dragon, grant Spellcasting, Psionics or Meldshaping in accordance to HD (Capstone ability)
- Integration with other classes (Base and Prestige) to suggest that it's a logical progression, without massively improving the Tier 1 classes eve, in particular, those with a Draconic Focus, like Dragon Shaman or Dragonfire Adept etc
- Allow a non-Stacking Wildshape-esque Feature ~9th level.
- Incorporate Dragon Magazine material, like the Ferrous Dragons
- Include an Epic Class to allow for Epic Dragon Disciples like the Force, Prismatic and Time Dragons.

Prerequisites;
Character Level: 5th
Subtype: Draconic Heritage (Must be of the same type of Dragon to which you wish to become a Disciple to).
Skills: Knowledge (Arcana); 4 ranks
Special: If already a True Dragon and/or Dragon Disciple, then you may choose this Prestige Class, but it MUST be of a different type of Dragon than one which you either are yourself, and/or different to one which you've chosen for this class once before.

Dragon Disciple: Hit Die (D12)
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Class Features

1st | +1 | +2 | +2 | +2 | Exemplar

2nd | +1 | +2 | +2 | +2 | Avatar

3rd | +1 | +2 | +2 | +2 | Apotheosis

4th | +1 | +2 | +2 | +2 | X

5th | +1 | +2 | +2 | +2 | Bonus Feat (Dragon Breath)

6th | +1 | +2 | +2 | +2 | Awoken Power

7th | +1 | +2 | +2 | +2 | X

8th | +1 | +2 | +2 | +2 | X

9th | +1 | +2 | +2 | +2 | X

10th | +1 | +2 | +2 | +2 | Legacy[/table]

Skill Points; 6+Int

Exemplar
A Dragon Disciple gains a +2 Draconic Heritage Bonus to Strength, Intelligence, and the creatures existing Natural Armour bonus. A creature without natural armour has an effective natural armour bonus of +0. In addition, the Dragon Disciple gains Darkvision (60ft), and Low Light Vision. Lastly, a Dragon Disciple gains the resistance(s) shown in Table 2 below, in accordance with the particular type of Dragon you are a disciple of.

A Dragon Disciple gain a further +2 to its Draconic Heritage Bonus to Strength (for a total of +4), Constitution, and a further +1 to its Natural Armour Bonus. In addition, the Dragon Disciple gains 2 Claw Attacks and a Bite attack if it didn't already have them. For the base damage of the claw and bite attacks, use the appropriate value from Table 3 below if the Dragon Disciple did not previously have claw attacks. If it did, use either the value from the table, or the Dragon Disciple's damage, whichever is better. The bite and claw attacks are natural attacks. The Dragon Disciple is now immune to Sleep and Paralysis. Finally, the Dragon Disciple gains the Breath Weapons of the

Awoken Power
After attaining 6th level, a Dragon Disciple no longer takes ability score penalties for aging and cannot be magically aged. Any penalties it may have already incurred, however, remain in place. Bonuses still accrue, and the Dragon Disciple still dies of old age when its time is up.

Legacy
You no longer die of Old Age. Any penalties to ability scores gained prior to "Awoken Power" are reduced by 1 every two months after achieving 10th level in Dragon Disciple. You now qualify for gaining Age Categories as if you were a Dragon of the appropriate type. To advance an age category, you must be of at least the minimum age of an age category. When you next grow a level, you may elect to take a single Dragon Hit Dice. When you do so, you gain all the special qualities of the Dragon Disciple's type.

Note; The Draconic Heritage Bonuses gained in this class are unique to itself. They stack with all other bonuses types except itself, however, True-Dragon's recieve no benefit from this Draconic Heritage Bonus, as they themselves already benefit from this Heritage from birth.