PDA

View Full Version : Green Arrow build - Alchemist Savant - Alchemical Arrows

Talionis
2013-04-22, 09:02 AM
Fighter 3/Wizard 1/ Warblade 2/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Arcane Archer 2/ Alchemist Savant 5/x

I was thinking it might be neat to use Alchemical Arrows that not only would hold an Alchemical Substance, but could also hold a spell. In addition to the spell you have that would hit the target of the arrow, you could also use Arcane Archer's Imbue Arrow ability to cast an Area of Effect spell, making for wonderful action economy and some interesting combinations of effects.

While you don't get assess to the highest level spells, your caster level won't be too bad and could be boosted with a Wand of Divine Power.

Right now, its more like an idea than fully fleshed out. I was hoping that I could get some advice from the Playground of anyone who had done something similar. Maybe there is a better way to set it up? Maybe there are some particular spells and alchemical substances that I really shouldn't miss? I'm not particularly worried about casting the highest level spells, but I'd still like to optimize where I can, especially interesting combinations of effects.

Talionis
2013-04-30, 03:12 PM
Hate to bump my own thread, but with the forum being down for a few days, I'd still love any advice.

Ideas for Arrows, possibly combo arrows where I shoot two arrows to cast two spells in sequence?

dascarletm
2013-04-30, 06:40 PM
I don't have too much for you, but I did play a similar character. I used alchemical bolts (houserule maybe) which was the same thing. I only used alch fire and acid though...

nedz
2013-04-30, 06:47 PM
Minor point:
Fighter 2/Wizard 2 has the same BAB, and number of feats as Fighter 3/Wizard 1 — but one more CL though.

Talionis
2013-05-02, 03:30 PM
Minor point:
Fighter 2/Wizard 2 has the same BAB, and number of feats as Fighter 3/Wizard 1 — but one more CL though.

Thanks. I usually try to avoid Fighter levels like the plague, but there are so many feats involved in archery that more is helpful.

Os1ris09
2013-05-02, 03:35 PM
why warblade?

It seems to me you'd be better off using your lvls in either Wizard or some other class.

Talionis
2013-05-02, 03:44 PM
why warblade?

It seems to me you'd be better off using your lvls in either Wizard or some other class.

I was trying to keep BAB high for Abjurant Champion's ability to increase caster level. Plus a lot of the maneuver's offer diversity and options. I wouldn't be using them to attack.