PDA

View Full Version : [PF] I need help to chose spells.

Krazzman
2013-04-22, 09:20 AM
Hello again Playground,

on saturday something became clear for me... I still have not a single clue what to take with my Sorcerer.

Sorcerer in question is a Human (yes with the Alternate Favoured Class bonus) Sage Sorcerer.

I have the APG and Core Rulebook available in terms of both Spells and Feats. On a point-by-point basis I can ask for things outsite but I would more or less like to have it stay where it is now.

Feats: Combat Casting, Toughness, Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Extend Spell, Still Spell, Empower Spell.
Traits: Resilient (+1 Fort Save), Focused Mind (+ Concentration)

Spells:
Cantrips:
Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Mending, Prestidigitation, Spark.
1st Level:
Alarm, Burning Hands, Feather Fall, Identify (Bloodline Bonus), Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Mount, Touch of the Sea
2nd Level:
Acid Arrow, Bull's Strength, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility, Spider Climb, Stone Call
3rd Level:
Dispel Magic (Bloodline Bonus), Fireball, Fly, Haste, Lightning Bolt, Tiny Hut
4th Level:
Dimension Door (Bloodline Bonus), Enervation, Globe of Invulnerability(lesser), Ice Storm, One Free (thinking about COnfusion)
5th level:
Passwall (thought about Secret Chest and Geysir... totally getting geysir later)

I can still change a few spells since I haven't used passwall yet but it might come in handy since we will be doing a bit of stealth in a major evil city "soon-ish". But I would like to know which spells I should take next/switch out when I level up. And I don't want to copy the other two casters since they are built for... control and healing and stuff. (More Spell Diversity in the Party...) And I shall not take evil spells.

We are level 10 and rather... limited in resources. His equipment is: Cloak of Resistance, Ion Stone (the light one for 75 gp), Bracers of Armor, Pearl of Power 1st, and a Ring of Sustenance.

The Party is a Half-Elf Barbarian, a Dwarfen Paladin, a Dwarven TWF Ranger(isn't there every time), an Aasimar Cleric of Tyr and an Elven Wizard. So far we had to use gold for 3 resurrections and one stone to flesh to ressurect the wizard and the paladin. We have spent enough money to get the Dwarf a +1 Waraxe of Throwing and Returning (afaik) and the Barbarian has a +1 Keen Furious Greatsword.

I hope you can help me.

Deathkeeper
2013-04-22, 09:52 AM
Well, if you want to leave Control to the Wizard I suppose stuff like Wall of Force is out. What exactly would you like to do? Because if you wanted to blast, there are better bloodlines to pick, although Sage is still great for versatility. If you really wanted to and you pumped Int you could invest in a few Save or Suck spells like Hideous Laughter, although I personally don't think that they're very efficient. And you said Necromancy is a no, so Raise dead, Suffocate and such are out.
For your level 5, I think there's better than Passwall. Teleport, Break Enchantment, (Baleful?) Polymorph, Permanency all seem less situational, unless your campaign has a whole bunch of dungeons without doors.

Krazzman
2013-04-22, 10:17 AM
Well, if you want to leave Control to the Wizard I suppose stuff like Wall of Force is out. What exactly would you like to do? Because if you wanted to blast, there are better bloodlines to pick, although Sage is still great for versatility. If you really wanted to and you pumped Int you could invest in a few Save or Suck spells like Hideous Laughter, although I personally don't think that they're very efficient. And you said Necromancy is a no, so Raise dead, Suffocate and such are out.
For your level 5, I think there's better than Passwall. Teleport, Break Enchantment, (Baleful?) Polymorph, Permanency all seem less situational, unless your campaign has a whole bunch of dungeons without doors.

The Main thing is: a) I don't like Teleport, b) the Wizard already has it.
Break Enchantment has our Cleric and she said I should focus on something else.
Permanency was a thing I considered and said no because we barely have money. Baleful Polymorph was also up to debate and would've been quite fun but Passwall seemed better for what we plan on doing next. Infiltrating a Evil City full of nasty. But the "guardian Dragon" fended us off for now.
And Overlandflight... If I knew that I would get a free: choose another spell if I get it as Bloodline spell later I would've taken that.

I didn't say Necromancy is a no... but all the fun spells there are evil...aren't they?
I was thinking about Versatility instead of blasting... and I like to have more skillpoints. And I have a Spellcraft check to craft stuff of 20. I can basically craft anything I want... if I had the money.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention Int: 19 with a +2 Headband.

The Random NPC
2013-04-22, 10:43 AM
I'd suggest crafting a Mnemonic Vestment (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/vestment-mnemonic), binding a lot of scrolls into a book, and calling yourself a Wizard.

Giarc
2013-04-22, 11:47 AM
Don't forget about Pages of Spell Knowledge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/m-p/page-of-spell-knowledge). Get enough of them for your pseudo spellbook and cast spells from it with style.

Krazzman
2013-04-29, 03:33 AM
Don't forget about Pages of Spell Knowledge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/m-p/page-of-spell-knowledge). Get enough of them for your pseudo spellbook and cast spells from it with style.

Don't know if they are allowed.

But again, am I missing something on this list? Should I switch something out?
What should I definitly take next.

My Role is to buff a bit to give the Cleric and Wizard more spell slots and else focus on damage or similar stuff. (Enervation for example). I am responsible for making everyone fly. Except the Barbarian... she wants airwalk so long as she hasn't got her wings yet.