PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help with my wizard build

purpenflurb
2013-04-22, 04:33 PM
In my current campaign I am a wizard 5/incantatrix 1. Elven generalist substitution level, and illusion banned for incantatrix (the wizard's best friend is a beguiler).

My stats are: Str 7, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 21, Wis 11, Cha 9

Current feats are: collegiate wizard, Iron will, extend spell, persist spell, improved initiative (any of the last three could still be traded out)

I intend to get all 10 levels of incantatrix, but I am not sure how to fill the last 5 levels. I have considered archmage but I would rather replace arcane reach with reach spell and free up the feats for something with better features or more metamagic. I would like it to fit my general character concept, which is the CG wandering wizard in search of knowledge who doesn't like relying on higher powers.

Any help would be appreciated!

Aegis013
2013-04-22, 04:43 PM
I know you said the last three can be traded out on feats, but if you can nix Iron Will and instead gain it through the benefit of an Otyugh Hole, that would free up a feat.

As far as the last 5 levels, Fatespinner would be a good choice. Very easy entry requirements and while the benefits aren't as awe-inspiring as Incantatrix, it does provide some nifty abilities, and maintain full casting progression. Seems to fit your concept too.

purpenflurb
2013-04-22, 04:55 PM
I have looked at fatespinner, it could certainly come in handy. I had looked at sacred exorcist too, but especially with 9 charisma I have no idea what I would do with the turnings. And as for the iron will feat, actually taking it helped placate my dm a bit.

Also, what metamagic should I take? With metamagic effect I know I can pull off some fun stacking, so I was looking at split ray, quicken, chain, and twin. And if I don't take archmage that opens up two more feat slots I'm not sure what to do with.

Daftendirekt
2013-04-22, 05:05 PM
Definitely grab Quicken. I'd say only grab Chain and/or Twin if you have specific spells in mind to use them on.

purpenflurb
2013-04-22, 05:30 PM
Chain is for buffs and rays (which it has been ruled to work on). Stuff like chain nerveskitter or ray of enfeeblement/clumsiness. Twin is also for some rays, such as ray of stupidity. Being able to do stuff like twin split ray of stupidity as a sixth level spell is just too enticing. I was thinking about maybe grabbing repeating or empower with the potentially empty slots, but I'm not sure if there are any other feats I should get.