PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Wizard Armor Enchantments

Story
2013-04-29, 12:39 AM
I have a level 7 Wizard and party crafter in an undead heavy campaign. I recently received a +1 Robe that can presumably be enchanted like armor without any ASF or ACP.

Obviously, I'm going to still be using Mage Armor so the actual armor bonus doesn't matter, but I was wondering if there are any useful enchantments I can stick on there. I can currently afford to upgrade it up to +3, but the DM has limited me to emulating spells of 5th level or lower, so no Light Fortification.

So are there any worthwhile enchantments I should add? Deathless initially looked promising, but unfortunately it doesn't protect from energy drain or any of the nastier death effects like the Banshee's Wail. It seems like it's very hard in PF to get protections that let you just say no.

If there aren't any enchantments worth the cost, feel free to say so, because I should also be saving up money for level 9 when I can craft metamagic rods. Then again, there doesn't seem to be any downside to crafting in PF once you've sunk the feats, because you can sell all the items back at cost anyway.

P.S. Are there any rules for changing the appearance of a robe when you upgrade it? I can probably figure something out anyway, but it'd be nice if there happened to already be rules for it.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-04-29, 12:52 AM
Fortification would've been the best option. Oh well.

Delving is sort of interesting, but a bit pricy at early levels (+10,000 gp). Burrow speed is useful.

I always liked having glamered armor as a wizard. Look like i'm in full plate, maybe trick an ambushing monster into not going after me first.

Spell Storing is alright... Load it w/ Vampiric Touch and let your temp hp soak the damage you're about to take.

Definitely not much good stuff to choose from.

magwaaf
2013-04-29, 01:25 PM
+1 soulfire freedom of movement whatever suit of armor

soulfire is worth every penny of a +4

freedom of movement is +4

as for money only costs

blurring is 36k out of the shining south

mirror image 3 times a day is 20k out of the shining south

determination is 30k out of the pathfinder core book

major shadow is i think 30k from pathfinder core book if you want to not use spells to be stealthy

stack
2013-04-29, 03:45 PM
Watch out for spell storing though. It is listed as a swift action, not immediate. Consult your DM.