PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Paladin in an Evil Campaign (Pathfinder)

Valdras
2013-04-29, 09:04 AM
I'm finding my smite good utterly useless as we are coming up against only other evil things, which is frustrating.

Is there a feat or spell or something that I can make something count as a good alignment?

Scow2
2013-04-29, 09:10 AM
The only ability that comes to mind is the Touch of Evil power from the Evil cleric domain.

Xerxus
2013-04-29, 09:11 AM
Evil characters fighting evil characters? Boring, talk to your DM and see if you can't get a ruin the kingdom type quest.

OzymandiasX
2013-04-29, 10:27 AM
Evil characters fighting evil characters? Boring, talk to your DM and see if you can't get a ruin the kingdom type quest.hah. The most enjoyable evil campaigns I've played in were mostly evil-vs-evil. Trying to climb to the top of evil organizations, conniving against other equally dastardly groups, having enemies who aren't squeamish about kicking a man when he's down... I guess it all comes down to the GM and the story.

With an ability like Smite, it won't be useful all of the time, but it should be useful some of the time. And unless your DM has you 100% railroaded, players usually have the option to look for trouble of their own. Ask around in-game for goodie-goodie heroes who may be trying to foil your plans, or a nice peaceful place that has grown soft and could use a good take-over. :)

Amnestic
2013-04-29, 10:38 AM
Cast the 'Speak with DM' spell to discuss the direction the campaign is going, maybe ask about why an entirely evil campaign has yet to fight any Good opponents?

137beth
2013-04-29, 10:59 AM
Cast the 'Speak with DM' spell to discuss the direction the campaign is going, maybe ask about why an entirely evil campaign has yet to fight any Good opponents?

Or just go find some good opponents.
If he tries to prevent you via railroading, THEN cast Speak With DM.

Keneth
2013-04-29, 11:16 AM
I've always hated that smite is alignment-bound, especially for evil characters who fight both good and evil opponents. Personally, I've removed the restriction altogether in my games and it didn't really make much of a difference power-wise.

I don't know of any abilities that would allow you to smite other evil creatures or make them count as good. This would be a good time to sit down and talk with your DM.

Valdras
2013-04-30, 03:41 AM
I already spoke to her and she told me that there would be opportunities later in the campaign, I was just hoping to have a way to use it earlier.

Also, can I take command undead(feat) before level 4 when I gain channelling? I wouldn't be able to use it, but it would be nice to have in advance, as we are fighting a lot of undead.

Keneth
2013-04-30, 04:51 AM
No, you can take it when you gain the class feature.