PDA

View Full Version : Wererats

Raunchel
2013-04-29, 09:46 AM
Hello everyone!

Recently I have been looking into wererats. My players are currently uncovering a band of them that tries to take over a little village. They are now planning to raid the creature's lair and that is where I got stuck. Of course most of them have been lv 1 warriors and a few rogues, but I want something special for the final fight of this adventure. But for some reason I can't really decide on a class for the leader. Another rogue seems a bit boring to me so I want something different but still fitting for a wererat plotting to take over a halfling village. It will have something like three class levels, depending of course on its power.

So, please help me!

Gwendol
2013-04-29, 09:50 AM
Sorcerer. They make for great villains, what with high CHA and all.

Deathkeeper
2013-04-29, 09:50 AM
Well, if you just want him to be a competent combatant Ranger or Swashbuckler are fun for a physical non-Mage and make sense to have some charisma.

Deaxsa
2013-04-29, 08:32 PM
why not make it a bard? you have the rogueish, chaotic, "we take what we want" feel to it, as well as the idea that this character is actually charismatic enough to lead a group of fellows to listen to his ideas

The Dark Fiddler
2013-04-29, 08:42 PM
Consider, rather than being a were rat... a were rat swarm. It'll take some rule finagling but could be very memorable.

Fyermind
2013-04-30, 10:41 AM
I second the bard idea. It will make the final battle very dangerous for the PCs, but it could be a little underwhelming from the perspective of how easy it is to kill.

Sneak attack Thug Zhenkirm (SP?) fighter will give you a roguish feel on a slightly more durable and accurate fighter with a strong intimidate check. If you can, give it a few other fear effects.

Spelltheives are another option. If your PCs are used to relying on casters, a spellthief can really but a damper on their plans and will be very memorable (stealing the wizards haste and using it on a small horde of wererats, stealing the clerics prayer effect, dropping the beguiler's glitterdust on the fighter and rogue, etc.).

I am a personal fan of Gestalting important villains especially if they are not primarily casters. This seems like a great opportunity to do that.

Vizzerdrix
2013-04-30, 01:11 PM
Make the leader a weretiger.

dascarletm
2013-04-30, 02:59 PM
Sorcerer, because of the nezumi feel of wererats. http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/30ad15c74c157af0235be0b7b8ec8552/l.jpg

Gerrtt
2013-04-30, 03:52 PM
How about a Warlock Were Dire Rat?

Yogibear41
2013-04-30, 10:46 PM
Give him something to melt all their silver weapons so they have to just deal with his DR lol. Make him super smart and have him ambush a caster.

I assume this is at a low level of play?

Monk could also be interesting as wererats tend to be LE

KillianHawkeye
2013-05-01, 07:50 PM
How about a Warlock Were Dire Rat?

Wererats are already dire rats. Nobody would want to be an actual rat, and they are too small besides.

Rubik
2013-05-02, 01:20 AM
Swordsage were-rat swarm.

Togo
2013-05-02, 04:14 AM
Rather than PCclass3, make an Expert 6 for the same CR. That gives him a lot of hp, so he won't go down early. Then give him the grenadier feat from PHB II, and lots of alchemist's fire.

They'll remember him, all right. :smallamused: