PDA

View Full Version : A blind Bard?

Kilink
2013-04-29, 09:49 AM
So, here goes. My friends and I were joking about how it would be like to play a Blind Bard. This comes from a joke where they kept saying I look like Andrea Bocelli...

So I decided why not? The concept of Andre Abocelli was born and I might use it in whatever next gaming session that pops up.

But I'm not sure if I should try to optimize inspire courage or go for a spell casting/buffing route...

Any suggestions? I was thinking just going Bard 6/Lyric Thaumaturge 3/ Virtuoso 1/ Sublime Chord 2/ Virtuoso 8 but i don't know if the flavor would fit with the whole blind thing.

Gildedragon
2013-04-29, 12:56 PM
What about Anocelli (ie un-eyes)

As to flavor: it works just fine. It is markedly harder to fight bit there are feats and items to help you around that. Or talk to the DM for getting blindsense 30' as long as you're playing music (batbard)

Talionis
2013-04-30, 03:15 PM
There is a fifth (? afb) level Iron Heart or Diamond Mind Stance called Hearing the Air (afb). I know that is fairly mid level when it kicks in, but it might work if you were playing a Bard/Crusader and starting at a decent level.

dascarletm
2013-04-30, 03:18 PM
I blinded a player (was a bard) with seething eyebane once. He refused to get it healed, and built straight buff-bard. Got an animal companion to be a "seeing eye dog." Didn't impact too much. Just focus on ally buffing and not attacking and it won't be too noticeable. (I did take it a bit easier on the guy though so maybe your DM might getcha.)

HalfQuart
2013-05-01, 10:57 AM
You could dip into Mindbender and take Mindsight. That helps with the blindness stuff a lot.

I blinded a player...
I always get a good chuckle when people mix up "player" and "character" like this. ;-)

dascarletm
2013-05-01, 01:50 PM
I always get a good chuckle when people mix up "player" and "character" like this. ;-)

I didn't mix up anything.....:smallamused: