PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Incarnum

Pesimismrocks
2013-04-29, 11:54 AM
I recently read over the incarnum rules and fluff. I love the totemist class, and really want to play one, but I don't quite understand the rules

Firstly are the totem chakras seperate from your normal chakras? So at 15th level I can bind 4 chakra binds; I also have a double totem bind. Does this mean I have 4 normal chakras and two totem chakras or two normal chakras and 2 totem chakras?

Also when you bind a totem chakra do you gain the abilities of the other chakra. In several chakras it makes reference to the totem chakra but it wasn't greatly explained

Can I shape more than one soulmeld of the same kind? Like two totem avatars, bound to different chakras.

If two incarnum classes are multiclassed or gesalted do they have seperate essentia, chakra binds and shaped soulmelds, or shared? Can a 4th level incarnate/ 8th level soulborn shape 7 soulborn soulmelds? Or can he spread his essentia between all of them?

Also in the Landshark (Totem) it gives you 2 claw attacks. Later it references 4. Which is a misprint?

Thanks for any help. I'm asking for a Lv15 tier 4- gestalt build for a stormwrack campaign. Any build advice would be appreciated.

AmberVael
2013-04-29, 12:08 PM
Binding to the totem chakra counts against your chakra binds just like any other bind. It IS a little different from the normal chakras, but only in the sense that you don't shape a soulmeld in the totem chakra.

You only gain the benefits of the chakra(s) you are currently bound to, whether it is the totem chakra or any other chakra.

You can't shape the same soulmeld more than once.

Essentia uses a universal pool. No matter where you get it, you can put it to use on anything else. The soulmelds you get from a class specify that they can only be used to shape soulmelds from that class. Chakra binds, however, do not seem to be limited in how you use them (whether in terms of which chakras you can bind to, or which soulmelds from which class you bind).

Assuming you're talking about landshark boots, you gain 4 claw attacks. However, normally you can only use 2 claw attacks at a time. By fulfilling the conditions listed in the totem bind though, you can make 4 claw attacks (move, jump on someone, make 4 attacks as a standard action).

If you want some citations for this I can provide.