PDA

View Full Version : [PF]Epic Level Campaign

BeserkerNike
2013-04-29, 12:01 PM
Starting Tommorow i am planning to be a DM of a epic lvl campaign so i need few tips.I have a new class planned out for the campaign and the setting but i am not sure should i give them the freedom of characters or not and how much gold should i give them in the start

Urpriest
2013-04-29, 01:19 PM
Starting Tommorow i am planning to be a DM of a epic lvl campaign so i need few tips.I have a new class planned out for the campaign and the setting but i am not sure should i give them the freedom of characters or not and how much gold should i give them in the start

If you haven't planned either of those things out, you probably aren't ready to start tomorrow. Do you really need to have things ready by then?

Ailowynn
2013-04-29, 06:49 PM
Are you staring at level 1 or level 21? If the latter, postpone it until you're fully ready. If the former...well, you might want to just wait a bit for this (http://http://paizo.com/products/btpy8x8c?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Mythic-Adventures-Hardcover)

icefractal
2013-04-29, 11:07 PM
If the Mythic rules are anything like the version I saw, then they're not the same as the 3E epic rules - your Mythic rank is parallel to level, a post-20th thing. You can be a 1st level character with a Mythic rank, for instance.

While you could use Mythic ranks as post-20th progression, that would render a lot of the Mythic abilities unimpressive (Mythic Fireball is pretty cool at 5th level, not so much at 15th).

Ace Nex
2013-04-30, 03:32 AM
Epic level campaigns that start at epic level always feel a bit shallow to me. You're the wonderful and mighty hero that you have near no connection to because you literally picked him up at end-game god-mode. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but you REALLY want to flesh out the entire world and other worlds before you do epic stuff. Play hardball, epic level casters can literally do EVERYTHING, so when it comes to that kind of stuff make sure you've though of a lot of back up plans and things they could do to mess you up. If there's one thing I've learned from DMing it's that PCs don't always take the route in front of them.