PDA

View Full Version : Best Templates

Ace Nex
2013-04-29, 12:07 PM
Recently I died in a campaign (I was a necromancer, the party fighter hates necromancers, and announcing that I wanted to "take over the world" didn't fly very well with him, my bad.) Long story short, the DM throws challenges WAY above our actual power level (we fought a Balor two sessions ago... at level 3). He offsets this by having a God travel with the group to protect us (...and prevent us from turning the slums of cities into plague infested zombie spawning grounds...) and giving us up to +5 in level adjustment and ignoring any racial hit die that might be added into the equation (so long as it lists a level adjustment under or equal to +5). We are in pathfinder, but EVERYTHING from 3.5 is free to use. I was a CE Half-fiend/Shadow/Half Dragon cleric.

NOTE: The fighter that killed me is slowly but surely turning towards Lawful evil from Lawful Neutral. I've got no problems with him (he acted in character, no hard feelings), but he recently stumbled across a box that when opened emits a noise that puts everyone within 90 feet to sleep for at least 10 rounds, NO SAVE. He is immune to the effects, and it's how he got my last character. I would prefer to not have that repeated, as I generally like to play evil characters and don't want to wake up decapitated again.

Hyena
2013-04-29, 12:09 PM
Use the Swarm, Ace. Use the Swarm!

Seriously, it must be the best template ever.

Deaxsa
2013-04-29, 12:11 PM
what is the goal of this template?
to avoid sleep effects?
to be awesome?
is this a new character?

Flickerdart
2013-04-29, 12:11 PM
Play an elf, be immune to sleep, divest fighter of the box and also his head.

Ace Nex
2013-04-29, 12:20 PM
Mostly to make a ridiculously overpowered character. The rest of the party is, and we're dealing with things that are twice as powerful as we are even with all the templates/racial HD. (I still think it's fun).

This is a new character, sadly my old one passed on. Some bonus information is on top off all the goodies of my Racial HD/Templates I get 5 class levels to work with. As fun as making a backstory is, the DM doesn't really care much for it, so I sadly I don't need to do much there (on the upside something incredibly stupid like a Half-golem/Half-fiend/Half-angel is OK)

Callin
2013-04-29, 02:26 PM
Stone Giant Necropolitan.... Stone Giant is only a LA+4.

Urpriest
2013-04-29, 02:43 PM
Ignoring RHD without further (extensive) houseruling is absurdly silly. To show your DM why, play a Black Ethergaunt. 16RHD and LA +4, so free for you, casts as a level 17 Wizard.

Callin
2013-04-29, 02:45 PM
See Urpriest always knows the DealyO

drax75
2013-04-29, 03:22 PM
Ignoring RHD without further (extensive) houseruling is absurdly silly. To show your DM why, play a Black Ethergaunt. 16RHD and LA +4, so free for you, casts as a level 17 Wizard.

And you're immune to any spell below 6th level if i remember correctly. I love Ethergaunts.

Flickerdart
2013-04-29, 03:23 PM
And you're immune to any spell below 6th level if i remember correctly. I love Ethergaunts.
And you get free plane shifting from the ethereal, and you get to enslave people with your face.